J-27 Ordnance Transport
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|J-27 Ordnance Transport|
|Manufacturer||Acme Widgets, Various|
|Engine||50 ICE (various)|
|Communications System||Tandy A-100|
|Targeting Tracking System||None|
1 x Sperry Browning Machine Gun
The J-27 Ordnance Transport was the backbone of the Star League Defense Force and remains a common sight in Inner Sphere and Periphery armies. Consisting of a tracked cab and wheeled trailer unit driven by two crewmen, each J-27 can carry eleven tons of ammo in total, enough for a single BattleMech lance. The tractor can hold three tons of ammunition (typically missile reloads for LRM launchers) while the trailer carries the remainder. A half-ton of armor protects the vehicle, though the supplies are transported in the open, and the trailer can only be detached from the cab manually, usually the job of the third crewman.
Though critical to the resupply of military units in the field, the J-27 makes for a very explosive target. For some Great House armies, especially those of House Kurita, J-27s are operated by penal units, though House Steiner and House Davion do not follow this policy. Most military convicts, when given the choice between the firing squad or service with a J-27 unit, choose the former.
Weapons and Equipment
The J-27 is armed by a single Sperry Browning Machine Gun, manned by the third crewman, which is useful for self-defense purposes only. The gun is mounted such that it cannot be depressed low enough to fire into the ammunition on either the trailer or stored on the cab.
Original J-27 Ordnance Transport from TRO:3025
- MUL online date for the J-27 Ordnance Transport
- Master Unit List, "J-27 Ordnance Transport"
- Technical Readout: 3039, pp. 18-19, "J-27 Ordnance Transport Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 27
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 30
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 29
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 32