- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|JI2A1 Attack APC|
|Armor||Valiant Plate Heavy Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Fireheart 140 Fuel Cell|
|Communications System||Johnston Q-Band|
|Targeting Tracking System||BlazeFire Tracker with Range Check|
Manufactured on New Syrtis by Johnston Industries, the JIA21 Attack APC entered service just prior to the Victoria War between the Capellan Confederation and the Federated Suns. Earning a reputation in the Victoria War for being a fast, reliable and resilient battle armor transport saw further purchase orders from across the rimward Inner Sphere. Capable of moving at speeds of over one hundred and sixty kilometers per hour, every bit as fast as the infamous Dasher OmniMechs the Clans brought to the Inner Sphere during the invasion, a common tactic for the JIA21 was to dart forward at high speed, deploy battle armor squads into the midst of enemy formations, and then use its speed to escape and operate as a harasser unit.
Weapons and Equipment
The main feature of the JI2A1 was a four-ton Infantry Compartment; infantry riding aboard the JI2A1 were protected by both the fast turn of speed generated by the Firehart 140 Fuel Cell engine and the four tons of Valiant Plate Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor protecting the APC. The JI2A1 mounted a pair of Holly SRM 4 launchers mounted in a turret and carried a single ton of ammunition for the launchers internally. While this was only enough ammunition for twenty-five shots, it was common for the crews of JI2A1 Attack APCs to pack the ammunition compartment with speciality ammunition if they believed the local combat environment demanded it.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 14-15, "JI2A1 Attack APC"
- online date for the JI2A1
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 177
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 63, "JI2A1 Attack APC (MML)"
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 178