|Affiliation||Clan Hell's Horses|
- 1 Personality
- 2 Appearance
- 3 History
- 4 Legacy
- 5 Rules
- 6 Titles and Positionss
- 7 References
- 8 Bibliography
A dedicated Horseman, James Cobb was aggressive and willing to do anything for the sake of his Clan. In his later years as Khan, he was known to double-cross allies if doing so would benefit his Clan. He was also known as being a Warden in political alignment amongst his peers. He possessed a near-genius mind, which he used help resolve Clan related problems from combat in his earlier years to Clan Hell's Horses affairs as Khan.
In his youth, he had blond hair, ice-blue eyes and flawless muscular body.
Cobb rose among his fellow Clansman with driving determination and combat prowess. His steady rise among the Horses, earned his position as commander of the 11th Mechanized Infantry Cluster and Mark of the Horse. He was also known as a Warden political alignment among his peers.
Ascendance to the Khanship
After attaining Khanship, Cobb turns to rebuild his Clan's honor as the conflicts that Malavai Fletcher had lead the Clan into much glory at the price of the Horse's integrity and honor. He, with saKhan Tanya DeLaurel, purged the leadership of Horses of all Crusader aligned warriors who disgraced the Clan during the Wars of Possession.
Hell's Horses Exodus & the Jihad
Invasion of the Clan Invasion's Occupation Zones
In the closing years of the 3060s, James Cobb began what has been termed accelerated movement of his Clan's touman to invade Clan Wolf's and part of Clan Jade Falcon's occupation zones in the Inner Sphere. In Clan space, the large amount of JumpShip activity was noted by Clan Ice Hellion's Watch. SaKhan Conner Rood noticed intelligence reports and at command of Khan Montose, met with Cobb on Nile in an attempt to form a partnership.
In February of 3068, Khan Cobb would begin progress of his Clan's invasion and resettlement to the Inner Sphere. He negotiated with Clan Diamond Shark where they would deliver supplies and equipment to stock up the periphery world of Nouveaux Paris as their staging world. It would not be until April 3070, until the last of Clan Hell's Horses' convoys of its people departed the Kerensky Cluster and Clan space entirely. Cobb laid claim to former Clan Ghost Bear warrior Jake Kabrinski, whom his Watch had captured in an intelligence raid. He became Kabrinski's bondmaster and converted him from Bear to Horse. He then used the highly prized warrior as his emissary to the Bears to reassure them that his Horses no longer had a conflict with them anymore.
He directed his Touman of forces to strike in Clan Wolf's periphery regions, where they captured large quantity of Crusading Wolves' Warden troops who put up little resistance to their invasion in November, 3070. These warriors were used as the core for a new Omega Galaxy. James Cobb pushed his troops into the Wolves' occupation zone, claiming worlds until the middle of 3071, when his forces finally had to stop after having incurred considerable amount of damage and needing time to rest before moving on.
Ice Hellion Incursion & End of the Invasion into Clan Wolf Space
At this April 3071, Clan Ice Hellions arrives in Inner Sphere space and invades Jade Falcon's occupation zones. By November, the Khan decides side with the Jade Falcons and "assists" in fighting in aiding fighting their former Ice Hellion allies. The conflict benefits Horses as his forces takes Hellion's worlds and retains number of worlds formerly belong to the Falcons as his own. During this time, Clan Wolf had moved its frontline forces from its Succession State borders to create a line of death to prevent the Horses claiming more of their Occupation Zone. Shortly after, Cobb sends a envoy who would negotiated a cease fire of active combat between them.
Handling Horses affairs in the Jihad
In 3074, Khan Cobb learned that the New Belt Pirates of Star's End had hidden among their asteroid holdings a functional - if primitive - shipyard. He dispatched his Beta Galaxy to take possession of the prized facility and end the Belt Pirates' raiding.
By 3077, Cobb's plan of claiming a sizable part of the Inner Sphere for his Clan had been successful, but had problems cropped up. His people continued to arrive from Clan space, but he had difficulty settling his civilian castes. Citizenry of the Clan worlds he had conquered were waging guerrilla war against their worlds' occupation. Cobb was forced to continue to rely on the Diamond Sharks for supplies, since his Clan's new territories had only limited production capacities.
He has sent out envoys to meet with local Clans, such as Clan Wolf in Exile to develop attempt to bolster his Clan's defenses.
Under his leadership as Khan, James Cobb resurrected his Clan's traditional Warden political philosophy. He also re-established his Clan's Honor which was tainted by the victories and actions Khan Fletcher and his fellow Crusaders had incurred during their period of leadership. He relocated his Clan to the Inner Sphere and achieved revenge against the Wolves for their manipulation of his Clan during Fletcher's reign.
Titles and Positionss
|Khan of Clan Hell's Horses
3065 – 3081
| Succeeded by|
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 139, Birth
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 140 - Khan's trait being aggressive and noted willing to betray an ally for the sake of the Clan is noted.
- Field Manual: Clan Crusaders, p. 63 James Cobb - Warden view noted.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 258 Khan James Cobb - Special Rules sections notes that he has a near-genius mind.
- Field Manual: Clan Crusaders, p. 63 James Cobb - Brief info on his earlier years prior attaining Khanship.
- Test of Vengeance - James Cobb fights Trial for Khanship after the Horse Bloodname Counsel votes that Malavai was unfit to rule.
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 44 - letter to OvKhan notes Cobb's ascendance Khanship two years after the letter/report is sent.
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 44 Hell's Horses Touman - Khan Cobb purges upper ranks of Malavai's fellow crusaders.
- Dawn of the Jihad, p. 105 Ice Hellion's Watch Report - Hellion's intelligence report on Horse notes Horses preparation for their invasion of the Wolves Occupation Zone.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, Jake Kabrinski - Khan Cobb takes rein of Jake Kabrinski and uses him to broker peace between the now Warden Horses and his former Clansmen.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 25 Timeline of the Jihad - Horse's return to the inner sphere and the invasion noted in November 14-28th of 3070.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 21 Hell's Horses Advance - Cobb's noted in a News article in the invasion proceeding as of February 3071.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 139 Forcible Relocation - Actions of Cobb during the early years leading to the Jihad and their invasion of Wolf space.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 28-31 Operation: Ice Storm - Khan Cobb turns his forces against his "allies" from Kerensky Cluster and helps the Falcons.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 49 Horses turn on Hellion allies as Wolves counterattack - Wolves counter attack Hell's Horses, but not before turning on Hellions.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 139 - Forcible Relocation - Wolves reinforcement block the way for Horses from moving further into their Occupation Zone. Shortly later end their invasion.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 144 Star's End - Khan Cobb has Beta Galaxy capture New Belt Pirates' shipyards.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 139 New Beginnings - Cobb's handling of new realities of his Clan's Occupation Zone.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 259 Rules Annex/Khan James Cobb - James Cobb Rulex Annex abilities.