|'Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||Type D-SA Modified endo steel|
|Armor||Epsilon Compound 31 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Series V Fusion 315 XL engine|
|Communications System||NCO System 7|
|Targeting Tracking System||Build 1 HLF TTS|
|Heat Sinks||10 double|
|Jump Jets||Clan Type 2 Light|
Despite a somewhat enigmatic origin, the Jenner IIC is a powerful and fast light striker 'Mech. Serving with distinction during Operation REVIVAL among the forces of Clan Nova Cat, unlike other similar IIC refreshes of staple Star League Defense Force 'Mechs, the Jenner IIC caused confusion as the original Draconis Combine Jenner was first fielded in September 2784, the same year the Exodus fleet left the Inner Sphere in November. Spawning numerous theories among Inner Sphere observers as to its origins, including that the so-called Minnesota Tribe were in-fact a Nova Cat recon mission, the truth was isorla Jenners returned during Wolf's Dragoons' second supply run inspired the vision driven Nova Cats to claim it as their own and enhance its abilities.
Though the original version is used by a number of Clans, the Nova Cats would field a number of Jenner IIC variants, as well as continue its development after their Abjurement. Considerable resources were spent to bring new production online of visually refreshed versions of the original and the newer 4 model at their Irece Alpha facility to help fill out their rebuilding touman. Ultimately the 'Mech would outlast the Clan who designed it, with the Combine allowing Clan Sea Fox to acquire the surviving Irece lines and openly sell the 'Mech to all parties, of which Clan Wolf was the largest buyer in the years leading up the ilClan era.
Weapons and Equipment
Taking the original Jenner concept to the extreme, this fast striker mounts a center torso Pattern C4 Streak SRM-4 and a Pattern J7 SRM-6 launcher in each arm, carrying one ton of reloads for each missile rack. Though vulnerable to opponents who mount an anti-missile system and leaving it heavily dependent upon supply lines, the hail of missiles the Jenner IIC can unleash makes it ideal to clear out scouts and other light threats, such as combat vehicles early in a battle. To achieve this, the Jenner IIC uses a 315-rated XL engine, endo steel structure, and mounts only three and a half tons of ferro-fibrous armor. It also carries enough jump jets to leap up to 210 meters at a time.
- Jenner IIC 2
- This support variant replaces the short-range missile launchers with an ER large laser and an LRM-5. A small pulse laser provides defense against conventional infantry and other units that stray too close. Its jumping capacity is also increased to 270 meters. BV (1.0) = 1,330; BV (2.0) = 1,406
- Jenner IIC 3
- This variant mimics the original Jenner by carrying four small pulse lasers; these are devastating to infantry, but still respectable against other units. A Narc missile beacon allows it to aid the targeting of other units' missiles. BV (1.0) = 725; BV (2.0) = 788
- Jenner IIC 4
- Developed by Clan Nova Cat as much to modernize both its visual appearance and abilities as well as show they retained some strength in the wake their Abjurement, the 4 model retains the Streak SRM-4, but replaced the standard SRM launchers with a pair of CC 3-rack ATM-3s, each of which is accompanied by a ton of ammunition. BV (1.0) = 1,030; BV (2.0) = 1,052
- Jenner IIC 5
- Debuted right before their Annihilation and only seeing production by Clan Sea Fox, this variant uses a standard Jenner IIC chassis, armor, and movement profile. The weaponry has been replaced so it's more like the weapons of a standard Jenner; each arm carries a pair of improved heavy medium lasers protected by CASE, the center torso carries an SRM-6 fed from the right torso with one ton of SRM ammo. To enhance its scouting ability, a light active probe is mounted in the left torso. BV (2.0) = 1,440
From MechWarrior Online:
- Jenner IIC-A
- A short-ranged energy boat, the A variant carries three small pulse lasers in both the right and left arms, with two extra double heat sinks to keep up a sustained rate of fire.
- JR7-IIC-FY Fury
- Reportedly piloted by Zane Nova Cat, the Jenner IIC Hero 'Mech mounts a heavy machine gun and twin standard machine guns in each arm, fed by three and five tons heavy machine gun and standard machine gun ammunition respectively, supported by a single center torso-mounted ER medium laser. Defensively, the Fury trades speed for armor, mounting a 280-rated XL engine to carry four and half tons of ferro-fibrous armor.
The Jenner IIC has the following Design Quirk:
Jenner - The Jenner IIC was created from its Inner Sphere counterpart.
Original Jenner IIC from TRO:3055
Jenner IIC from TRO:3055 Revised
Jenner IIC from RG:ilClan v18
Jenner IIC 4 from TRO:3055 Upgrade
Jenner IIC in combat from The Falcon and the Wolf
Jenner IIC in battle from CCG
Model of Jenner IIC from MWO
- ↑ MUL online date for the Jenner IIC
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, pp. 108–109: Jenner IIC 4
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 109
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 178
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Technical Readout: 3055, pp. 106–107: "Jenner IIC"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 Recognition Guide: ilClan vol. 18, pp. 4–5: "Jenner IIC"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Combat Operations, p. 110
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 179
- ↑ Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 18, p. 16
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 180
- ↑ Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 18, p. 17
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 181
- ↑ Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 18, p. 18
- ↑ MechWarrior Online Origin Sale Page
- ↑ MechWarrior Online Clan IIC Heroes Sale Page
- ↑ BattleMech Manual, p. 92: "BattleMech Quirk Table"
- ↑ BattleMech Manual Errata (Version 6.01), p. 9