- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Irece Alpha, others|
|Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||Type D-SA Modified Endo Steel|
|Armor||Epsilon Compound 31 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Series V Fusion 315 XL|
|Targeting Tracking System||Unknown|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||Clan Type 2 Light|
The Jenner was first fielded in September 2784, the same year the Exodus fleet that would eventually become the Clans left the Inner Sphere in November. How exactly they acquired this design in that short timeframe is not known, but what is known is that the Clan version fields Clan weaponry, so it is known as the Jenner IIC. This second-line BattleMech is still a fast light that is now capable of delivering plenty of short-range missiles. To achieve this, it uses an XL Engine, Endo Steel structure, and mounts only three and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. It also carries enough jump jets to leap up to 210 meters at a time. This results in an expensive garrison 'Mech, but one that is still in production nonetheless.
Unique among the IIC models, the Jenner IIC changes the leg mechanism found on the original design. While the original Jenner, despite otherwise sharing design characteristics common in Marauder-descended reverse articulated 'Mechs, had standard forward articulated legs, the IIC model has reverse articulated legs similar to those on the Stormcrow.
Weapons and Equipment
This fast striker carries a Streak SRM-4 and two SRM-6 launchers. This hail of missiles can quickly overcome a light 'Mech, though it does leave the Jenner IIC vulnerable to opponents who mount an Anti-Missile System.
- Jenner IIC 2
- This support variant replaces the short-range missile launchers with an ER Large Laser and an LRM-5. A Small Pulse Laser provides defense against conventional infantry and other units that stray too close. Its jumping capacity is increased to 270 meters. BV (1.0) = 1,330, BV (2.0) = 1,406
- Jenner IIC 4
- Clan Nova Cat, the primary users of the Jenner IIC, created this variant after they moved to the Inner Sphere. Though it changes the appearance of the 'Mech, the actual specifications of the design changed little. It retains the Streak SRM-4, but replaced the standard missile launchers with a pair of ATM 3s, each of which is accompanied by a ton of ammunition. BV (1.0) = 1,030, BV (2.0) = 1,052
- Jenner IIC 5
- Introduced by Clan Sea Fox, this variant uses a standard Jenner IIC chassis, armor, and movement profile. The weaponry has been replaced so it's more like the weapons of a standard Jenner. Each arm carries a pair of Improved Medium Heavy Lasers protected by CASE. The center torso carries an SRM-6. The right torso carries one ton of SRM ammo. To enhance its scouting ability, a Light Active Probe is mounted in the left torso. BV (2.0) = 1,440
From MechWarrior Online:
- Jenner IIC-A
- A short-ranged energy boat, the A variant carries three Small Pulse Lasers in both the right and left arm, with two extra double heat sinks to keep up a sustained rate of fire.
- JR7-IIC-FY Fury
- Reportedly piloted by Zane Nova Cat, the Jenner IIC Hero 'Mech mounts a Heavy Machine Gun and twin standard Machine Guns in each arm fed by five tons of Machine Gun rounds and three tons of Heavy Machine Gun ammunition, supported by a single center torso-mounted ER Medium Laser. Defensively the Fury trades speed for armor, mounting an 280 rated XL engine to carry four and half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor.
Jenner - The Jenner IIC was created from its Inner Sphere counterpart. It is one of the few mechs not of SLDF origins that was brought to the Exodus fleet.
Original Jenner IIC from TRO:3055
Jenner IIC from TRO:3055 Revised
Jenner IIC from RG:ilClan v18
Jenner IIC 4 from TRO:3055 Upgrade
Jenner IIC in combat from The Falcon and the Wolf
Jenner IIC in battle from CCG
Model of Jenner IIC from MWO
- MUL online date for the Jenner IIC
- Combat Operations, p. 109
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 178
- Combat Operations, p. 110
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 179
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 18, p. 16
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 180
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 18, p. 17
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 181
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 18, p. 18
- MechWarrior Online Origin Sale Page
- MechWarrior Online Clan IIC Heroes Sale Page