Jihad Turning Points: Hesperus II
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Jihad Turning Points: Hesperus II|
|Development|| Ben Rome |
Herbert A. Beas II (Project Development)
|Primary writing||Joshua C. Perian|
|Cover artwork||Ray Arrastia (Design & Layout)|
|Interior artwork|| Jason Vargas (Evolved Faction Logos Design) |
Ray Arrastia (Maps and Logos)
Johannes Heidler (Record Sheets)
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|First published||February 13, 2013|
|Series||Chaos Campaign Products|
Jihad Turning Points: Hesperus II (alternately titled Jihad Turning Points: Hesperus) is primarily a scenario pack set on the Lyran Alliance world of Hesperus II during the Word of Blake Jihad, detailing the Blakist's successful efforts to capture the important manufacturing world - Operation STEEL HAMMER - and Stone's Coalition's successful ejection of the Blakists from the planet four years later. It contains a full color, topographical map of Hesperus II, along with a printable version for use with BattleForce. Suggested optional rules from Tactical Operations are presented to provide "flair".
Jihad Turning Points: Hesperus II includes nine scenario tracks, fourteen unit updates, a short story, two world maps of Hesperus II and a planetary report. Record sheets for one unique Combat Vehicle and one BattleMech are included.
From the back cover
|“|| One of the most important manufacturing worlds in the Inner Sphere, Hesperus II was a primary objective of the Word of Blake’s Operation STEEL HAMMER. The plan was designed to disrupt the Lyran Alliance’s economic and industrial base. Long before attempting to seize Hesperus II, the Word concocted a lengthy invasion plan to weaken Lyran defenses. The Blakists aimed to succeed where other invaders had failed.
Jihad Turning Points: Hesperus II fleshes out all the details of the conflict surrounding this pivotal world published in various Jihad Plot Sourcebooks. Additionally, players can join one of the myriad of units fighting for ultimate control of one of the Inner Sphere's best-known factory worlds.
This campaign series uses the Chaos Campaign rules and gives players the option of fighting individual battles, following a campaign arc, inserting it into their own campaigns, and even creating their own scenarios with optional rules to give their games a "Hesperan flavor." This PDF-exclusive book includes a detailed map of Hesperus II, a comprehensive list of the forces involved on Hesperus II during its brief occupation, and several Tracks for players can use to run simple lance-on-lance battles or stage a complete world-wide invasion. The only limit is the players' imagination.
- "Last Patrol"
- Jihad Turning Points: Hesperus
- Hesperus II
- The Battle for Hesperus II
- Random Assignment Tables
- 15th Lyran Guards RCT
- Defiance Self-Protection Force
- Delta Galaxy (Clan Wolf)
- 1st Army (ComStar)
- Battle Corps Legion
- Mixed Mercenary Auxiliary
- Stone's Lament
- 1st Skye Jaegers
- 2nd Division (Word of Blake)
- 16th Division (Word of Blake)
- 20th Division (Word of Blake)
- 38th Division (Word of Blake)
- 40th Shadow Division
- Tracks: Hesperus II
- Hard Rain
- Self Protection
- The Shadow Descends
- Ciampa's Final Stand
- Day of Days
- Hungry Wolves
- Swords and Heroes
- Once More Unto the Breach
- Death From Above
- Record Sheets
- Unlike other sourcebooks, Jihad Turning Points: Hesperus II lacks an explicit table of contents. The list shown here was assembled from page headings.
- The front/cover title of this product is Jihad Turning Points: Hesperus (i.e., minus the Roman numeral 'II'), how ever the proper name is Jihad Turning Points: Hesperus II. In other words, this is not part of a series of Turning Points about Hesperus II.