Jihad Turning Points: New Avalon
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Jihad Turning Points: New Avalon.jpg|
|Development|| Herbert A. Beas II |
Ben Rome (Project Development)
|Primary writing||Ken Horner|
|Cover artwork||Matt Heerdt (Design & Layout)|
|Interior artwork|| Jason Vargas (Evolved Faction Logos Design) |
Ray Arrastia (Maps)
David L. McCulloch (Record Sheets)
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|First published||January 23rd, 2009|
|Series||Chaos Campaign Products|
The second in the Jihad Turning Point series, the PDF web exclusive Jihad Turning Points: New Avalon details the Word of Blake invasion of the FedSuns capital world. The ebook contains six unique Chaos Campaign tracks that players can use to form a campaign arc that stretches from the Blakist invasion in 3067 until the planet's liberation in 3074.
As well as featuring a full color topographical map of world, along with a printable version for use with BattleForce 2, New Avalon includes random map tables, as well as suggested optional rules from Tactical Operations. It also has a listing of the units involved in the campaign and suggestions for which random assignment tables to use for each in addition to optional force abilities. Finally, record sheets for three unique 'Mechs and three WarShips are included.
From the back cover
|“|| In 2796 New Avalon almost fell to the ravening Draconis Combine. Yet House Davion rebounded, becoming one of the most powerful of Houses. Since then Avalon City and the capital of the Federated Suns have stood as a beacon of hope for all mankind.
Then came the Jihad.
Jihad Turning Points: New Avalon fleshes out the details of the conflict surrounding this pivotal world published in various Jihad Plot Sourcebooks. Additionally, players can join one of the myriad of forces fighting for control—and survival—of the Federated Sun’s capital world.
This campaign series uses the Chaos Campaign rules and gives players the option of fighting individual battles, following a campaign arc, inserting it into their own campaigns and even create their own scenarios with optional rules to give their games a "New Avalon flavor." The ebook includes a detailed map of the world of New Avalon, a run down of the forces involved in the conflict, and several tracks that players can use to run simple lance-on-lance battles, or stage up to a world-wide invasion. Only the players' imaginations are the limits.
- "The Show Must Go On"
- Map of New Avalon
- Description of New Avalon
- 1st Davion Guards (Federated Suns)
- 2nd NAIS Cadre (Federated Suns)
- 10th Lyran Guards (Federated Suns)
- 5th Donegal Guards (Federated Suns)
- Davion Assault Guards (Federated Suns)
- Davion Heavy Guards (Federated Suns)
- 3rd Davion Guards (Federated Suns)
- 12th Vegan Rangers (Federated Suns)
- 31st Division (Word of Blake)
- 36th Division (Word of Blake)
- 5th FedCom RCT (Federated Suns)
- 44th Shadow Division (Word of Blake)
- Bronson's Horde (Word of Blake)
- Unwelcome Guests
- Peaks of Blood
- Top of the World
- Hens in the Fox House
- Davion Falling
- Record Sheets
- AS8-D Atlas
- GRF-1E2 Griffin Sparky 2.0
- GRM-R-PR62A Grim Reaper Avitue
- Eagle-class Frigate
- Essex-class Destroyer
- Riga-class Frigate
- Four page BattleForce 2 map of New Avalon