Jihad Turning Points: Tharkad
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Jihad Turning Points: Tharkad|
|Development|| Herbert A. Beas II |
Ben Rome (Project Development)
|Primary writing||Nick Marsala|
|Cover artwork||Matt Heerdt (Design & Layout)|
|Interior artwork|| Jason Vargas (Evolved Faction Logos Design) |
Ray Arrastia (Maps)
David L. McCulloch (Record Sheets)
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|First published||March 21st, 2009|
|Series||Chaos Campaign Products|
The third in the Jihad Turning Point series, the PDF web exclusive Jihad Turning Points: Tharkad details the Word of Blake invasion of the Lyran capital world. The ebook contains six unique Chaos Campaign tracks that players can use to form a campaign arc that stretches from the Blakist invasion in 3067 until the planet's liberation in 3072.
As well as featuring a full color topographical map of world, along with a printable version for use with BattleForce 2, Tharkad includes random map tables, as well as suggested optional rules from Tactical Operations. It also has a listing of the units involved in the campaign and suggestions for which random assignment tables to use for each in addition to optional force abilities. Finally, record sheets for two unique 'Mechs and five WarShips are included.
From the back cover
|“|| Seat of power for the Lyran people since 2407, the frozen shores of Tharkad have sparkled with the might of the merchant princes of House Steiner for centuries.
Then came the Jihad.
Jihad Turning Points: Tharkad fleshes out the details of the conflict surrounding this pivotal world published in various. Additionally, players can join one of the myriad of forces fighting for control—and survival—of House Steiner's seat of power.
This campaign series uses the Chaos Campaign rules and gives players the option of fighting individual battles, following a campaign arc, inserting it into their own campaigns and even create their own scenarios with optional rules to give their games a "Tharkad flavor." The ebook includes a detailed map of the world of Tharkad, a run down of the forces involved in the conflict, and several tracks that players can use to run simple lance-on-lance battles, or stage up to a world-wide invasion. Only the players’ imaginations are the limits.
- Royal Guards (Lyran Alliance)
- 24th Lyran Guards RCT (Lyran Alliance)
- 37th Division (Word of Blake)
- 40th Shadow Division (Word of Blake)
- Lowbräu (Word of Blake Mercenary Unit)
- 3rd Lyran Guards (Lyran Alliance)
- 20th Arcturan Guards RCT (Lyran Alliance)
- 1st Kell Hounds (Lyran Alliance)
- 13th Wolf Guards (Clan Wolf-in-Exile/Lyran Alliance)
- Tracks: Tharkad
- Sifting through the Rubble
- Taking a Bullet
- New Year's Eve Massacre
- Reasserting Authority
- Will of Steel
- Record Sheets
- Four page BattleForce 2 map of Tharkad
When original published in the PDF form. Error was made regarding the DGR-7FC Dragon Fire Gregory BattleMech. The record sheet found in back of the book was printed with wrong name. Also, error was made in record sheet itself, giving it TSM movement when it was not equip with TSM.