- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Affiliation||Clan Smoke Jaguar|
Though his tactical abilities were somewhat limited his strategic ability to plan and coordinate large scale operations made him a natural choice for Galaxy Commander.  It is not recorded when he passed his Trial of Position, but he was commander of Epsilon Galaxy in 3057,  and given his young age he must have been considered a Ristar. He led by example from the front in his Dire Wolf OmniMech, as part of a Nova point paired with Elementals led by Star Commander Ester. 
He was specially targeted during Operation Bulldog. Thought to be on Tarazed large forces were sent there to eliminate him. Unknown to them Jin Mehta had moved his command to Asgard and was preparing himself to open hostilities against the Inner Sphere. When Star League forces including the Third Benjamin Regulars and the main body of the Davion Heavy Guards landed they faced the 4th Jaguar Dragoons as well as Mehta's Command Keshik of Epsilon Galaxy. In the resulting campaign the Fourth Jaguar Dragoons were driven back by the DCMS forces, to be caught in a pincer by the Davion Heavy Guards and destroyed. During the fighting Chu-sa Onoyoko Akagi of the Third Benjamin Regulars and his Command Lance targeted Mehta's Dire Wolf and brought him down with concentrated fire. 
Jin Mehta was noted to pilot a massive assault class Dire Wolf during Operation BULLDOG.
- The Dragon Roars p. 65
- Invading Clans p. 72
- The Dragon Roars p. 20
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 32, "Notable MechWarriors"