- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Read more →
|Born||8 November 2719|
|Died||9 December 2797|
|Parents|| Leonard Davion (father)|
Janet Ross (mother)
John Davion was the heir to Richard Davion, the First Prince who had come to power after the death of Joseph Davion at the hands of the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery during the War of Davion Succession. The slow response of the Star League and the Star League Defense Force to the War of Davion Succession and the invasion of the Federated Suns drove a wedge between the First Lord and Richard Davion and led to a reduction in trade between the Federated Suns and the Terran Hegemony, as well as the enactment of the Preparedness Act of 2735, which was a vehicle for Richard Davion to begin an increase in the size of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns without technically breaching the letter of the Council Edict of 2650.
This cooling of relations between the Camerons and the Federated Suns continued during John's reign as he focused on directing the industrial and technical strength of the Federated Suns into expanding the AFFS and ensuring that it became the most technologically advanced military after the Royal Divisions of the SLDF. The AFFS grew dramatically during John's reign, almost doubling in size between the passing of the Preparedness Act and 2765, but relations between John and the Star League were not antagonistic. While John was dedicated to the Federated Suns and his first priority would always be the safety of his realm, he continued to view the Star League as the vehicle which could bring that safety and prosperity to the Federated Suns. General Aleksandr Kerensky of the SLDF regarded John as a man of strong character and will, whilst First Lord Richard Cameron II was favorably inclined towards John among the various rulers of the Great Houses.
|“||"... a light of hope among the black depravity..."||”|
|— First Lord Richard Cameron II, describing John Davion in comparison to the other House Lords|
|“||Considering all that we've done in recent years, I'm not surprised that we are at war. It's a fitting punishment.||”|
|— From The Private Journals of Prince John Davion, NAIS Press, New Avalon, 3011|
Titles and Positions
|First Prince of the Federated Suns
| Succeeded by|
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 133, "Profile"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 56
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 111-112, "Leaders of the Federated Suns"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 63, "John Davion Profile"
- FIeld Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 3, "Strategic Update"
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 4, "Goals of the State"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 63
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 59, "Kurita Or Liao?"