- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
|Born||10 July 3082|
|Affiliation||Republic of the Sphere|
|Children||Yael Miri Levin and another child|
Levin joined the Republic Military as a rare MechWarrior officer. He was called into service against the Liao incursion in 3110 by the renegade Warrior House Ma-Tsu Kai. His militia force was sent deep into Capellan place to world of Kurragin. There using an old STG-5 Stinger BattleMech, he led his infantry forces against the rogue Capellan warrior house in what became the Battle of Kurragin. Though wounded in the battle, he was awarded with Knighthood in the Republic of the Sphere.
Knight and Paladin of the Sphere
Jonah Levin was raised to the rank of Paladin on the 9 July 3132. As a Republic Paladin, Levin was instrumental in the exposure and downfall of the Black Paladin, Ezekiel Crow. An agent employed by Levin discovered the fate of Northwind messenger Lt. Owain Jones, and recovered evidence of Crow's betrayal that he had carried to Terra ahead of Countess Tara Campbell and the Steel Wolves invasion. This information led to an attempt on Levin's life, thwarted by his own skills and the timely arrival of his agent. After a short consultation with Countess Campbell and Jacob Bannson, the evidence was released to the general public through tri-vid news and presented to Exarch Redburn. This precipitated the one-on-one battle between Campbell and Crow in the face of the Steel Wolves invasion.
Exarch Redburn later appointed Levin to investigate the death of Paladin Exemplar Victor Steiner-Davion just prior to the election of a new Exarch. Once again, Levin prevailed as his agent discovered the man responsible for Victor's death. Using information gained by dubious interrogation tactics from the contracted "fixer," and with the help of Paladins Heather GioAvanti and Gareth Sinclare, Levin then exposed to the entire conclave of Paladins the project Victor had been working on, implicating the Republic Senate in a plot to take control of the Republic government by means of sponsoring young academy graduates into positions as Knights to be elevated.
Levin lead specialized anti-pirate operation named "Operation AFTERSHOCK", with local security forces on Kervil in October, 3134. Kervil Marine Law Enforcement noted for being well put together force had agents report of a Pirate band located on the Volcano-cone island of Bernhard Island. The band was involved with interplanetary weapons smuggling, but were found by agents to be based on Kervil. October 22nd, Levin would deploy his Atlas BattleMech from Amphibious Assault Ship, Waverley. Levin would deploy from the ship from ship's landing bay to ocean floor and walk to shore assaulting the beach while, Waverly's sister ships, Ellis and Cuthbert launching their own small landing crafts with armored infantry.
Levin would lead the attack, firing on enemy SM1 Destroyers and other pirate forces as Armored Infantry stormed the beach. Where he and others would end up rescuing captive civilians.
Exarch of the Republic of the Sphere
As the new Exarch of the Sphere succeeding Damien Redburn, Levin was left facing the fallout from the continued lack of a working HPG Network. This led to his decision to enact the Fortress Republic plans, sealing off an expanded Prefecture X from the rest of the Inner Sphere on 1 October, 3135.
Return of Stone
Titles and Positions
|Paladin of the Republic
3132 – 3135
| Succeeded by|
|Exarch of the Republic
3135 – 3145
| Succeeded by|
- MechWarrior: Dark Age Dossier.
- Dark Age 3135: PDA Journals, p. 10
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, Page 29.
- 3135 PDA Journals, p. 10 "17 February 3135"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 83, "Jonah Levin"
- The Scorpion Jar, p. 135 - "Levin remembers his days as commander of the Kyrkbacken Militia"
- Era Digest: Dark Age, p. 10, "Dark Age Timeline"
- Scorpion Jar, chapter 4-5 - Assault of Operation Aftershock with Levin leading the way.
- Scorpion Jar, chapter 7 - Assault of Operation AFTERSHOCK handling pirates defending the base and discovery civilian captives.
- Mechwarrior: Dark Age, Dossiers And Pilot Cards, p. 350
- Dark Age 3135: PDA Journals, p. 2 - announced two weeks prior to 24 January 3135
- Shattered Fortress, p. 99