Julius Santiago Avellar
- Your BattleTech News Round-Up For August, 2023
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- Read more →
|Julius Santiago Avellar|
Julius Santiago Avellar was the founder of the Outworlds Alliance.
Early Life and Career
Alpheratz had been settled as an independent colony only shortly before the arrival of Julius Avellar, who had retired from the Federated Suns navy and was seeking a personal retreat where he could avoid what he viewed as the sickening carnage of the Age of War. Avellar began writing once he arrived on Alpheratz, arguing at great length against military adventurism in the Inner Sphere, and his writings were particularly critical of House Davion and House Kurita. His words resonated with those in the Federated Suns who were weary of both warfare and the military-industrial complex that supported it, and many flocked to Alpheratz in pursuit of a lifestyle that wasn't dependent upon the technologies of warfare. Avellar's personal philosophical views would ultimately lead to the formation of the Outworlds Alliance, with Alpheratz as the capital world. A reluctant Avellar found himself first becoming ruler of Alpheratz, then subsequently ruler of the Outworlds Alliance.
- The Periphery, p. 22: "Outworlds Alliance"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 15: "Outworlds Alliance"