Kaifeng nearby systems
|X:Y Coordinates||71.853 : -152.286[e]|
- 2366 - Sarna Supremacy
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation
- 3029 - Federated Suns (from September/October)
- 3030 - Federated Suns
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3058 - Sarna Supremacy
- 3063 - Capellan Confederation
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation
- 3135 - Capellan Confederation
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation
Fourth Succession War
Despite ComStar placing the Federated Suns under a communications interdiction after the invasion of Sarna in mid-3029, the Capellan Operations Command of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns received enough positive reports from the fifth wave of Operation RAT to launch the sixth wave in the second week of August 3029. The decision to launch wave six was in part driven by contact from planetary governments in the unconquered region of the Sarna Commonality, indicating that the perceived threat of being annexed by the Free Worlds League was prompting a groundswell of opinion among those governments that being absorbed by the Federated Suns was a preferable alternative to being conquered by House Marik. The countless raids and invasions by the Free Worlds League Military over the centuries had embedded an intense hatred of House Marik among the planetary populations within the region, and confidence in the Capellan Confederation's ability to defend them was falling.
Kaifeng was one of the targets of the sixth wave of attacks, and was defended by just the planetary militia. The COC assigned the invasion of Kaifeng to the elite Davion Light Guards Regimental Combat Team, and the militia initially fought well against the invaders. Unfortunately for the defenders, a lack of supplies eroded the militia's ability to keep fighting; whereas the militia on other worlds chose to surrender when faced with the reality that continued resistance was impossible, the leader of the militia on Kaifeng was a fanatic and the militia resorted to suicide tactics.
Operation GUERRERO caused a massive shakeup in the Sarna March and the formerly Capellan territories that the Federated Suns had captured in the Fourth Succession War. With interstellar government power failing, the area became known as the Chaos March. The world of Sarna had repulsed an invasion attempt and subsequently reconstituted the ancient Sarna Supremacy. The little realm only encompassed three worlds including Kaifeng, which was the "breadbasket" world upon which the others relied for food imports.
In 3058 Kaifeng was invaded by Warrior House Hiritsu, a key part in the Confederation's efforts to bring the resurgent Sarna Supremacy to its knees. Defending Kaifeng was the bulk of the former Kaifeng Sarna March Militia under the command of Leftenant General Cynthia Fallon, along with some mercenary commands. (Kaifeng had been one of three administrative commands within the Palos Operational Area of the Sarna March prior to the formation of the Chaos March, and following the collapse of the Sarna March the Kaifeng Sarna March Militia had become a part of the military of the Sarna Supremacy without changing its name or commanding officer.)
- Kaifeng SMM
- Kaifeng SMM
Kaifeng is an agricultural world that exports its food surplus to feed a number nearby worlds, especially Sarna and Sakhalin. The system features an Olympus-class recharging station, Jodo Shinsa, at the Zenith Jump Point. The planet of Kaifeng has one moon, Nochen, which is described as very small (likened to an asteroid) and produces only the smallest lunar tides. The world has a gravity of 1.1g and a breathable atmosphere. Sixty percent of the land is covered with dense, heavy jungle; the other forty percent is among the most productive agricultural land in the Inner Sphere. The main export product is rice, which alone was reported to amount to four hundred million metric tons in 3058.
There are three large colonized and cultivated districts, each administered by a single large city: Franklin in the southern hemisphere, Beijing and Tarrahouse in the northern. Tarrahouse sits next to the large Lake Ch'u Yuan (which is described as an inverted "L") and the large Jinxiang River. The latter cuts through the Shé Shan Hills in a fairly straight east-west line three kilometers upriver from Tarrahouse. A road runs alongside the river, but the bulk transport is by river barges. The planet's capital (and largest city), Mahabodhi, is situated outside the Beijing district and has the only operable full-service spaceport on the planet. It is also the primary garrison center. Food from all districts is brought to the respective administrative centers and shipped to Mahabodhi from there to be moved off-world.
- The city of Tarrahouse.
|Closest 68 systems (67 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Ilmar||29.4||No Return||29.5||New Macao||30.5||Mandate||30.9|
|Yunnah||51.4||St. Andre||52.0||Second Try||52.3||Corey||52.9|
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17: "Capellan Confederation Founding, 2366"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13: "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25: "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159: "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37: "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11: "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31: "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39: "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40: "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 51: "Sixth Wave"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49: "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133: "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- 20 Year Update, p. 23: "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60: "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 119: "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 33: "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68: "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11: "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39: "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Binding Force
- Chaos March, p. 12: "Unit Note"
- Objective Raids, p. 17: "Deployment Table - 3054"
- Chaos March, p. 13: "Alliances"