- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
|C-904 Katya Ground Assault Craft|
|Manufacturer||Ceres Metals Industries|
|Use|| Ground Attack Aircraft |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Conventional)|
|Engine (Type)||Rawlings 210 Air Turbine|
|Armament|| 4x Rocket Launcher 15s |
2x Light Machine Guns
|Armor||Mujika AeroShell Light|
The Katya Ground Assault Craft is a conventional fighter designed by Ceres Metals Industries for the Capellan Confederation in the mid-3060s. The inexpensive craft was designed as a low-cost garrison aircraft to help the Confederation's Home Guard. Built using components of the Guardian STOL Fighter, Ceres made the design attractive to the Strategios by lowering the cost of parts to maintain the aircraft. The fighter began production on Capella and was later expanded to Tikonov by 3067.
Weapons and Equipment
The Katya's main weapons include four 15-tube Rocket Launchers mounted in pairs in each of the craft's wings. As part of its role as a strike fighter, the ship carries a pair of nose mounted GM MiniStorm Light Machine Guns with a full ton of ammunition.
Designed as a short-range strike fighter and also to keep the craft from becoming an easy victim over the battlefield, the Kayta's designers deliberately made the craft with only two tons of fuel and only one and a half ton of armor. Powered by a conventional Turbine engine, the craft is able move speedily across the battlefield with some hopes of avoiding combat it was designed to handle.
The Kayta Ground Assault Craft has only been presented in Handbook: House Liao with it and its variant's record sheets. As of this writing, no battle value has been assigned in canon to this design at this time.
- MUL online date for Katya
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 161 Kayta Ground Assault Craft - Kayta's background and origin.
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 161 Kayta Ground Assault Craft - Weapon and other equipment details for the Kayta.
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 171 - C-905 variant's Record Sheet. It does not include BV
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 172 - C-906 variant's Record Sheet which does not include BV2