Katya Kerensky (31st c.)
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
Early Life and Character
Affiliated politically with the Wardens faction, she was ristar among original Clan Wolf. She had earned her Bloodname in 3047 at age 22, making her the second youngest to win a Bloodname after Natasha Kerensky. Through trial and determination, she rose among the ranks to Star Captain. By the time of the Clans' return to the Inner Sphere, she was assigned to Alpha Galaxy as commanding officer of 279th Battle Cluster's Trinary First, which also known as the Whirlwinds.
Clan Invasion of the Inner Sphere
As part of Operation Revival, she led the Whirlwinds in actions on two Federated Commonwealth worlds of Chateau and Vulcan. On Vulcan, her Trinary fought alongside the Galaxy's Supernova Command unit, and its 279th Battle's sister unit, the Trinary Second. The Wolf forces faced off with the 1st and 2nd Vulcan Armored Brigades on the battlefields of Hades Funnels and Abernathy Way in September of 3050. Those small unit actions, highlighted her abilities which brought her to the notice of higher rank command officers.
The Refusal War and in the Service of Khan Vlad Ward's Clan Wolf
She willingly became part of the new Clan Wolf that Khan Vladimir Ward established. She was influenced by Khan Ward's triumph of resurrecting Wolf Clan, pledging herself to him in his efforts to rebuild the Clan. She was put in command as Galaxy Commander of newly formed frontline force, the Delta Galaxy. Katya was credited for whipping Delta into shape from its mixture of frontline and garrison galaxy origins. She was also elevated to position of Loremaster of Clan Wolf. At first seen as means to attempt to heal the political wounds of remaining Warden faction members that remained in the Clan. However, later it was became more obvious that it was move to prevent the Clan's most powerful Warden opponent from being able to influence what largely became near total Crusader aligned Clan Wolf.
Two years since Delta Galaxy had come under Kerensky's leadership, it had shaped up to become frontline Galaxy.
After the Jihad began, Katya's duties to the Wolf Clan's intelligence agency, the Watch increased. In so, this gave an excuse for Khan Ward to position the Crusader-aligned Star Colonel Dirk Radick as her executive officer of Delta Galaxy. He believed this would allow Katya to have more time to dedicate all her responsibilities and also undercut her Warden influences in the Delta ranks. During the course of the war, her executive officer became convinced in her belief that the Word of Blake's aggression was more important than political differences. This would help reaffirm her as the controlling influence of Delta as its commanding officer. 
Titles and Positions
|Loremaster of Clan Wolf
| Succeeded by|
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook p. 82 - Katya Kerensky profile part of old Clan Wolf's Alpha Galaxy.
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 82 - Katya Kerensky - Profile describes her traits and some of her abilities.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans p. 145 Delta Galaxy/Officers - Katya organizational abilities highlighted.
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook p. 63 - Vulcan actions of her unit.
- Lost Destiny, p. 361
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook p. 82 - Star Captain Katya Kerensky - Profile up to 3052.
- Field Manual: Crusading Clans pp. 138, 141 - Force Strength - Vlad Ward puts Katya in command of newly formed Delta Galaxy to bolster the Clan's strength.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorp Dossiers p. 117 - Jihad era profile of Katya Kerensky shows new motives to promote Katya to Loremaster.
- Shattered Sphere, p. 89 Clan Wolf/Military Assets - Katya is mentioned in Military status of Clan Wolf as of 3062.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorp Dossiers, p. 117 - Katya Kerensky & Dirk Radick Jihad era profiles - Katya's control of Delta Galaxy reaffirmed from unlikely ally in the Jihad.