- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
| Killer Whale|
|Type|| Capital Missile|
Teleoperated Capital Missile
|Tech Base|| Star League|
|Year Availability|| 3051 (FC)|
|Year Introduced|| Early Spaceflight|
|Damage|| 4 Capital|
|Medium Range|| 13-24|
|Long Range|| 25-36|
|Extreme Range|| 37-48|
|Tons|| 150 standard launcher|
|Mass||50 tons per missile kg|
|Cost (unloaded)|| 150,000|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)|| 20,000 (each missile)|
17,000 (each missile)
|BV (1.0)|| 769 (launcher), 96 (each missile)|
923 (launcher), 115 (each missile)
|BV (2.0)|| 769 (launcher), 96 (each missile)|
2,306 (Teleoperated launcher), 115 (each teleoperated missile)
The heavyweight of the SLDF Navy's three anti-fighter missile systems, the Killer Whale can destroy an AeroSpace Fighter with one hit. After the fall of the Star League and the loss of WarShips, production of this missile stopped. Only when WarShips reappeared during the Clan Invasion was production restarted.
Like its sister missiles, the primitive guidance packages the post Succession Wars era Successor States could manufacture limited the Killer Whale's effectiveness. To overcome this, weapons manufacturers under contract to the Draconis Combine Admiralty created the Killer Whale-T by removing the bulky guidance system and replacing it with communications links that let gunners guide the missile like a remote-controlled AeroSpace Fighter. The ability to manually guide the missile and change targets more than made up for the Killer Whale-T's inability to target small craft.
The Killer Whale missile system only has one model, produced on the following planets:
|???||Alarion||Port Sydney Naval Shipyards||???|||
|???||Tamarind||Technicron Manufacturing||???|||
|???||Galax||Federated-Boeing Interstellar||???|||
The Peacemaker is a 500 kiloton nuclear missile, the largest tactical nuclear weapon, which is based on the Killer Whale missile and can be fired from an appropriate launcher. It can also be launched by purpose-built silos to attack either surface or orbital targets. When operating in an atmosphere, the Peacemaker takes just a little over twenty-three minutes to travel its maximum range of 10,000 kilometers.
- TechManual, p. 292, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment - Table"
- TechManual, p. 342, "Inner Sphere Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 318, "Aerospace Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- AeroTech 2, p. 41, "Teleoperated Missiles"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 195
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 135, "Peacemaker"