- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
Commanded by Major James Kirkpatrick, the unit had a free lance commander slot in 3041. Since Major Kirkpatrick would not give a lance commander position to anyone just so, not even his own son, he staged a trial including his son Damon and Trent Hasseldorf, with the latter prevailing.
The unit's exact composition is unknown, though they are referred to as a battalion. Six 'Mechs take part in the duel on Galatea in 3041 (with downpowered lasers and training ammunition), including two BJ-1 Blackjacks (one of them piloted by Damon Kirkpatrick) and a CN9-AL Centurion.
Formerly known as Kirkpatrick's Bandit Killers (a 'Mech battalion), Kirkpatrick's Invaders was formed when the unit was reduced to a company. After being left behind on Erewhon during a raid, the Invaders resurfaced on Solaris after two years. The next decade and a half were spent with rebuilding and raids into the Clan Occupation Zone. They took part in Operation Bulldog. On an operation against Clan forces they lost their commander and retreated to Outreach. For unknown reasons they had a rivalry with the 51st Dark Panzer Jaegers. During the FedCom Civil War the unit worked for a noble with a "private little war". After the war they once again joined another tour for the Lyran Alliance.
In 3068, the command joined with Group W for an assault on the planet Togwotee. It took only two weeks to destroy the local militia. The answer from the FWLM came in form of the 1st Atrean Dragoons. The Invaders retreated in the face of an enemy of this size and devotion. They jumped into the Arcadia system, but quickly left. On Gienah they waited for new orders and made an attempt to rest and refit. While on the planet they destroyed a group of mercenary units in a fight for control of the planet. The natives were angry about the devastation.
Kirkpatrick's Invaders remained in Lyran employ as the Jihad drew to a close; while other mercenary units contracted to the LAAF were merging together or even accepting formal entry into the LAAF, the Invaders were continuing to maintain a more traditional employer-mercenary unit relationship. As at 3079 the Invaders were stationed on Virtue.
The Dark Age
During 3136 Kirkpatrick's Invaders tergeted several worlds of the Inner Sphere.
A two-lance force of 'Mechs forced back a company of Moore local security troops while specially equipped battle armor troops dug up a casket on the outskirts of a cemetery dedicated to victims of Moore's infamous Day of Fire. The site that was robbed, curiously enough, belonged to a couple identified on their grave marker simply as "Stevens".
Where they indeed attacked the uninhabited fifth planet in the Augustine system: Gethsemane, battling a force of indeterminate strength that sported what Augustine officials called - trademark neo-Blakist livery and organization employing BattleMechs and vehicles of both Star League and latter-31st century designs. The battle over and on Gethsemane lasted for almost two hours before the mercenary forces departed, almost as swiftly as they had arrived. A massive non-nuclear explosion at the disused mining facility apparently caught a fair number of the neo-Blakist forces in the blast, and at least one vessel bearing Cult of Apollyon or the Broadsword Brotherhood markings was recovered adrift but abandoned in Gethsemane's orbit.
|Commanding Officers of Kirkpatrick's Bandit Killers|
|Commanding Officers of Kirkpatrick's Invaders|
|Lt. Colonel||Damon Kirkpatrick||3067|
Other Unit Officers
They normally fight at company level and prefer operating in good weather conditions.
Dragoon Rating: B
- Aide: Hauptmann Cynthia Hasseldorf
- XO/1st Company (Kirkpatrick's Pack): Major Malavai Hollensteiner
- 2nd Company (Kirkpatrick's Fireflies): Captain Jason Reeves
- 3rd Company (Warriors of Steel): Captain Ilse Ansuelo
- Every company is supported by 1 air lance + 1 infantry platoon + techs. The JumpShip is held in reserve.
- - At this point the Invaders were at 70% of full regimental strength and 80% of their equipment featured advanced technology.
Kirkpatrick's Invaders (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Merlin Kirkpatrick
- - As of 3145 the Invaders were at eighty-five percent of full strength, and were split across two systems - Duran and Minderoo.
- Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 44, "Kirkpatrick's Invaders"
- Arcadia (short story), p. 7
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 78, "Kirkpatrick's Invaders"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 18, "Mercenaries"
- Dark Age: LinkNet Articles (3136), p. 92, "Mercenaries Raid Moore, Plunder Cemetery"
- Dark Age: LinkNet Articles (3136), p. 122, "Major Clash Reported in Augustine System!"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 40
- Growing Up
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 214
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 182, "Notable Mercenary Forces - Lyran Commonwealth"