Kit Fox (Uller)
|Manufacturer||Babylon MechWorks V
|'Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||Process 12 Endo-steel|
|Armor||Compound H18 [ferro-fibrous]|
|Engine||Starfire 180 XL|
|Communications System||CobraTalk 12|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series XXX MultiTrack|
|Heat Sinks||10 double|
The Kit Fox was designed by Clan Cloud Cobra, and was first produced in 2890 with the aid of new resources coming from the Tanite Worlds. Rather than emphasize speed, the Kit Fox emphasizes armor and firepower, complementary to the role of the Fire Moth. Clan Jade Falcon Khan Bret Malthus took note of the new design after a string of Cloud Cobra victories, and issued a batchall to the Cobras, a challenge the Jade Falcons only very narrowly won. Clan Snow Raven also produces the Kit Fox, which they acquired by trade. All other Clans field the Kit Fox as isorla, except Clan Blood Spirit, who was gifted the Kit Fox by the generous (or Machiavellian) Ravens.
Often fielded by Clan Jade Falcon, the Kit Fox has a surprising amount of firepower, with the 10 built-in double heat sinks sometimes barely able to fully cool the 'Mech down. However, the Kit Fox is somewhat slow for its weight class, only capable of a top speed of 97.2 km/h, provided by a lightweight 180-rated extralight fusion engine. Available tonnage is further increased by the use of a lightweight endo steel chassis, while four tons of ferro-fibrous armor provide the Kit Fox with ample protection.
|“||If you see a Falcon not in a Summoner, Hellbringer or Kit Fox, double your caution.||”|
Weapons and Equipment
In its Primary configuration, the Kit Fox mounts an ER large laser and small pulse laser on the left arm as its primary source of firepower. These are supplemented by an LB-X AC/5 for tactical flexibility and a Streak SRM-4 rack for close range combat.
- Alternate Configuration B
- The B configuration of the Kit Fox boasts a rapid-fire UAC/10 as its primary weapon, startling considering the 'Mech's tonnage. An ER medium laser, ER small laser, and an SRM-6 rack allow the Kit Fox B to finish off anything that manages to close ranges. BV (1.0) = 1,016, BV (2.0) = 1,088, 1,087 or 1,090
- Alternate Configuration C
- An attempt to employ the Kit Fox in a scouting role, the C configuration has but one ER large laser for long-range combat. Instead, the Kit Fox C mounts numerous light weapons, equipped with a small pulse laser and dual machine guns; two A-Pods provide excellent protection against infantry. While the Kit Fox C still had a somewhat slow speed, it was far more durable than other scout 'Mechs, and carried an array of three anti-missile systems and an ECM suite to further increase its survivability. An active probe allows for detection of hidden units while scouting and a TAG designator is carried to call down artillery. BV (1.0) = 1,195, BV (2.0) = 1,150, 1,147 or 1,151
- Alternate Configuration D
- The Kit Fox D is configured for indirect fire support, mounting dual LRM-15 racks as well as an LRM-5. A Narc missile beacon is also carried, which may be exploited by the Kit Fox D itself as the targeting systems of Clan LRMs lack a minimum range; this literally allows the Kit Fox D to run up to an enemy and mark them for increased accuracy and then fall back, firing the entire time. BV (1.0) = 1,070, BV (2.0) = 1,142 or 1,145
- Alternate Configuration E
- The Kit Fox E sports the new Advanced Tactical Missile system, mounting an ATM-3 rack which can fire ammunition specifically designed for maximum effectiveness at a certain range. Six added jump jets, allowing for a jump capacity of 180 meters, provide the Kit Fox E with additional mobility and allow it to better exploit the ATM systems, and an ER PPC provides the high firepower common to the 'Mech; an ER small laser provides point defense. BV (1.0) = 1,520, BV (2.0) = 1,418 or 1,415
- Alternate Configuration I
- The I configuration is equipped with an ER PPC, ER small laser, and ER medium laser, all of which are tied into a targeting computer. The arms, legs, and front of the side torsos are protected by modular armor. The I configuration is equipped with an engine supercharger, which allows it to reach speeds of slightly more than 100 km/h for brief instances. BV (2.0) = 1,936
- Alternate Configuration J
- The J configuration has two ER medium lasers in the left arm, while the right arm carries a UAC/5 and a Streak SRM-2. The autocannon has two tons of ammunition and the Streak has a single ton of ammunition. Two jump jets are in each leg and a single jump jet is installed in each side torso to provide a jump radius of 180 meters. BV (2.0) = 1,178
- Alternate Configuration S
- The Kit Fox S is intended for urban combat situations, and mounts six jump jets for increased flexibility. A large pulse laser provides the Kit Fox S with its primary source of firepower. A medium pulse laser and a small pulse laser complement this, with a Streak SRM-4 for additional firepower, while dual machine guns are mounted for anti-infantry point-defense. BV (1.0) = 1,354, BV (2.0) = 1,342
- Alternate Configuration T
- Often used for scouting, this configuration carries an active probe in the right torso, while an engine supercharger is mounted to provide bursts of speed. The left arm has an ER large laser and ER medium laser, and the right arm carries a ProtoMech AC/4 with two tons of ammunition, supported by a Streak SRM-4 and one ton of ammo. BV (2.0) = 1,397
These variants were introduced in various apocryphal sources, and thus far have not appeared in any canonical media.
From MechWarrior Online:
- KFX-PR Purifier
- Reportedly piloted by Brett Andrews, the Kit Fox Hero 'Mech Purifier mounts an ER large laser and ER small laser in each side torso, supported by a machine gun carried in each arm, fed by two and half tons of machine gun ammunition. Four extra double heat sinks maintain a high rate of laser fire.
- This PGI-created variant mounts a UAC/5 as its primary weapon in the left arm, backed up by an SRM-4 in each arm and three ER medium lasers. For anti-infantry work and increased close-range firepower, the 'Mech mounts a machine gun in each torso. A laser AMS in the right arm supplements the defensive capabilities of this configuration. All ammo-dependent weapons have one ton of ammunition allocated.
- Arctic Fox - Using a combination of battlefield salvage from Luthien and technical expertise from Clan Wolf-in-Exile, the Kell Hounds constructed the Arctic Fox OmniMech, a reverse engineered Inner Sphere OmniMech based on the Kit Fox.
- Hollander - Impressed by the Uller A, the Federated Commonwealth designed its own light 'Mech built around a Gauss rifle.
- In German products, the unit's proper Clan name was altered to Rotfuchs, which means Red Fox. The unit's proper Inner Sphere name was left unchanged.
- Plastic Kit Fox (Uller) is included in BattleTech: Clan Fire Star
Original Kit Fox from TRO:3050
Kit Fox from TRO:3050 Upgrade
Kit Fox from RGiClan, v11
Kit Fox in urban terrain from CityTech, Second Edition
Kit Fox A from CCG
Kit Fox from MWDA FFE dossiers
Model of Kit Fox from MW4: Mercenaries
MechWarrior Online concept of the Kit Fox
Kit Fox miniature (with Inner Sphere codename Uller) from CityTech, Second Edition
Kit Fox miniature from BattleTech: Clan Fire Star
- Technical Readout: Clan Invasion, pp. 20–21: "Uller"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, pp. 118-119, "Uller OmniMech Profile"
- Combat Operations, p. 109
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 25
- Technical Readout: 3050, pp. 16-17, "Uller OmniMech Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised, pp. 14-15, "Uller OmniMech Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 134
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 26
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 27
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 28
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 29
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 51
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 30
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 31
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 32
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 33
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 90
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 11, p. 12
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 91
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 34
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 136
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 35
- Spotlight On: Unending Faith, p. 15 "Uller BLO"
- BattleMech Manual, p. 95: "BattleMech Quirk Table"
- BattleMech Manual Errata (Version 6.01), p. 9
- Blood Legacy (novel)
- Combat Operations
- MechWarrior Online Clan Heroes Sale Page
- MechWarrior Online Bloodname Sale Page
- MWDA Spirit Cat's dossier of Malisa Yesva
- MWDA Steel Wolves' dossier of Shin Wolf
- MWDA Stormhammers' dossier of Arturo Wolf
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 11
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades
- Record Sheets: Upgrades
- Spotlight On: Unending Faith
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade