- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
In 3071 Devlin Stone escaped from a Word of Blake reeducation camp (RBMU 105) on Kittery in the company of Professor David Lear. Together they organized a local resistance against Word of Blake forces, that was finally able to destroy the Blakist organization on Kittery by the end of that year. By 3072, Stone led a force that liberated a number of nearby worlds from the grip of the Jihad. These worlds eventually joined to become the Kittery Prefecture.
When word started spreading around about this group of planets that were being liberated from the control of the Blakists, Victor Steiner-Davion believed that this idea of a prefecture was the work of a bandit-king looking to create their own power within the Inner Sphere. In October of 3073, Victor and Stone met on the planet of Tukayyid where Devlin told him about what he was doing and how he was going to do it. Victor, had to decide whether he was going to stop Stone or get out of his way. Victor decided to get out of his way to let Stone restructure the Inner Sphere to allow for peace. Victor knew that society was going to collapse because of the Word of Blake attacks, and restructuring the way society has worked for hundreds of years was the only way to bring peace to the Inner Sphere. The Kittery Prefecture would became a model for the government structures that Stone would implement as he formed the Republic of the Sphere.
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere, p. 1 "The Republic of the Sphere"
- Ghost War, pp. 96-98
- Ghost War (novel)