Kittery Protectorate Militia
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Kittery Protectorate Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3072)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
In 3071, the WoB 13th Division was stationed on Kittery along the Kittery Protectorate Militia. Both units were attack and dispersed by the POWs from the Blakists' reeducation camp RMBU 105, led by Devlin Stone. The Avatar's and the Militia were soon pushed out the "Island" by Stone's forces in 3072. The 13th Division was reportedly decimated to a company's worth of troops and disappeared from intelligence reports, and the militia was fully destroyed.
The Black Angus Boys were contracted by the WoB to raid the planet in October 3068. A month later, the Word of Blake 13th Division conquered Kittery on the 9th of November, destroying the 1st Kittery Borderers as they tried to defend the planet. The attack was done under false flag, and the Blakists claimed that Kittery was being conquered in the name of the Capellan Confederation..
As the Jihad went on the Word of Blake operated a number of "reeducation camps" on Kittery. With the assistance of David Lear, a group of resistors led by the future leader of the Republic of the Sphere, Devlin Stone, escaped from one of these facilities early in the Jihad. Stone and his followers broke out of camp RBMU 105 on the 18th of March 3071. They started a guerrilla campaign against the WoB forces. On the 12th of October 3071 the resistance managed to defeat the last of the Word of Blake forces on Kittery with the 13th Division decimated to a company's worth of troops that it disappeared from intelligence reports and the with the Kittery Protectorate Militia, fully destroyed and "The Divine Tranquility" facility flooded.
|Commanding Officers of the Kittery Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Total Chaos, p. 96-97, "KITTERY"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 46, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 15, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 17, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 50, "The Jihad In Review"
- Total Chaos, pp. 108 "UNFINISHED BUSINESS"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"