|Kokou Defense Tank|
|Manufacturer||Albion Armor Works Beta|
|Armor||Arcadia Compound Delta VII Ferro-Fibrous|
|Communications System||Build 1685/3 Tacticom|
|Targeting Tracking System||Build 2 JRD TTS|
The Kokou Defense Tank is an early Clan combat vehicle first developed by Clan Star Adder from the SLDF's Royal Burke. In fact the development happened so quickly that the "Block A" Kokous underperformed in the field. Clan Mongoose forces defeated the Block A Kokous at least nineteen times. However when the improved "Block B" Kokous arrived, the tide quickly turned and the Adders successfully defended their territory.
Given its low speed, the Kokou is used primarily as a defensive unit. One noted use in this role was Clan Hell's Horses Beta Galaxy's defense of their Clan's Tokasha MechWorks Alpha factory on Tokasha in 2921 from Clan Ghost Bear.
When caught in open terrain the Kokou is quickly flanked and often destroyed. For that reason it was eventually phased out of front line service, but some are found in the second line and garrison forces of the Clans.
Weapons and Equipment
Constructed using standard Clan technologies, the Kokou is powered by a Standard fusion engine and protected by eight and a half tons of Ferro Fibrous armor, with the majority of armor focused on its front and turret. The vehicle is not terribly fast, as its fusion engine only able to propel it to a maximum of 32 kph.
Its long-range weapon is a Mk. 46 Type II 10-Tubed Long-Range Missile Launcher mounted on the front of the tank's hull. The two tons of ammunition for the launcher is protected by CASE. Intermediate and close range threats are handled by the blistering power of three Kolibri Delta Series Large Pulse Lasers found in its turret. Thirty heat sinks are fitted to dissipate the immense heat of the lasers.
- Technical Readout: Golden Century, p. 8
- TechManual, P.103 Add Control Systems - Calculations of number of crew is assigned to Kokou.
- Technical Readout: Golden Century, p. 9
- Technical Readout: Golden Century, p. 67
- Turning Points: Tokasha, p. 40 Kokou Defense Tank - Record Sheet lists Battle Value 2.
- Turning Points: Tokasha, pp. 1 Holding the Line - Short Story of gunner of Kokou fighting off the Ghost Bears.
- Battletech Forums/Errata Threat for Turning Points: Tokasha, specifies the type and quantity of armor is fitted to the vehicle.
- Turning Points: Tokasha, p. 40 Kokou Defense Tank
- Turning Points: Tokasha, p. 40 Kokou Defense Tank XL
- Technical Readout: Golden Century, p. 68