- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Read more →
|Type||Teleoperated Capital Missile|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Year Availability||3057 (DC)|
|Damage|| 10 Capital|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||55,000 (each missile)|
|BV (2.0)|| 2306 (launcher) |
288 (each missile)
The largest capital missile in common use, the Kraken-T was developed by the Draconis Combine Admiralty for use in their new WarShips. It is guided to its target via dedicated control links that allow the missile to communicate with the WarShip or DropShip that launched it. These dedicated links allow a human gunner to guide the missile into its target. Though the Kraken-T cannot target AeroSpace Fighters with any degree of accuracy, a larger target hit by a Kraken will take severe damage from the massive warhead it carries.
After receiving the plans and schematics from the DCA during the Clan Invasion detente, these missiles became particularly popular with the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns Navy. They appear on their Overlord A-3, Arondight, and Excalibur Pocket WarShips.
The Kraken-T missile system has only one model.
- TechManual, p. 292, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment - Table"
- TechManual, p. 342, "Inner Sphere Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- AeroTech 2, p. 101, "Combat Tables - Capital Weapons"
- TechManual, p. 318, "Aerospace Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- AeroTech 2, p. 41, "Teleoperated Missiles"