- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Previous Name(s)||Krauss Heavy Industries|
Krauss-Liemann Incorporated (formerly known as Krauss Heavy Industries as early as 2470) was a weapons and BattleMech manufacturer based in the Rim Worlds Republic. Their only design was the Phoenix BattleMech. The plant apparently operated from the Age of War through the Amaris Civil War.
Early on, while other Republic companies had been attempting to develop experimental 'Mech designs in the late 2460s, none had succeeded until Krauss introduced the Phoenix. The company had nearly completed a prototype as early as 2470 until they were directed by Terens Amaris to integrate jump jet technology that had been "acquired" by the Republic's intelligence agency, AsRoc. It took another 4 years in a mad scramble to redesign the machine until the design team, led by Supervising Engineer Jack Krauss, Jr., finally completed a functional prototype in 2474 and another 6 years until said prototype was ready for production. Although the Phoenix was considered ready for service, in the field it was hampered by numerous problems. As a result, the First Consul Terens Amaris insisted Krauss focus all resources into perfecting the new BattleMech at the expense of nearly every other military contract on its list.
Their prototype design went through almost a dozen refits, overhauls and upgrades over the next the 27 years in order to eliminate the Phoenix's main problems until they were resolved in 2507, just 13 years before Krauss would "modernize" the troubled BattleMech for the new century.
Krauss-Liemann Incorporated has an manufacturing center on the following planet:
|Components produced on Wotan:|
|PX-1R Phoenix||Medium BattleMech|
|PX-3R Phoenix||Medium BattleMech|
|Armor - BattleMechs & Vehicles|
|PanzerSlab Type 3||Phoenix|
|Gerard Special A||Phoenix|
|Vex/Holden TriComm Plus||Phoenix|
|Dillon QuadTrac w/Particle Cannon Suite||Phoenix|
|Stolz Harbinger 2||Phoenix|
|Marklin Mini Packs||Phoenix|
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 5, p. 4 "PX-1R Phoenix 'Mech Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 298
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 298, "Produced Phoenix 'Mech Components"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 5
- Technical Readout: 3075