L. Ross Babcock III
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|L. Ross Babcock III|
|(left) in a 1992 Discovery Channel Beyond 2000 episode, with Jordan Weisman (foreground, right)|
|Occupation|| Game Designer|
In 1980, he and Jordan Weisman were fellow gamers at the Merchant Marine Academy. They started FASA Corporation with a starting capital of $350 ($175 each).
Babcock is credited for game design and writing on numerous BattleTech products and worked as editor-in-chief on the Star Trek and Doctor Who game lines. He holds a credit on every book published in FASA's Star Trek RPG line. Also, the original concept for Shadowrun was allegedly devised by him.