LB 2-X AC
|LB 2-X AC|
|Tech Base||Clan / IS|
|Year Availability||Clan = 2826 (CGS)|
|Heat||Clan = 1
IS = 1
|Damage||Clan = 2 (slug)|
1 per pellet (cluster)
|Minimum Range||Clan = 4
IS = 4
|Short Range||Clan = 1-10
IS = 1-9
|Medium Range||Clan = 11-20
IS = 10-18
|Long Range||Clan = 21-30
IS = 19-27
|Tons||Clan = 5
IS = 6
|Critical Slots||Clan = 3
IS = 4
|Ammo Per Ton||Clan = 45
IS = 45
|Cost (unloaded)||Clan = 150,000 C-bills
IS = 150,000 C-bills
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||Clan = 2,000 (slug) C-bills|
3,000 (cluster) C-bills
IS = 2,000 (slug) C-bills
|BV (2.0)||Clan = 47|
The LB 2-X AC, originally introduced by Clan Goliath Scorpion, was brought with the Clans during their invasion. It took the Inner Sphere several years, but they were eventually able to bring to technology from the LB 10-X AC to the lightest class of autocannon, as well. Like other LB-X autocannon, the LB 2-X was able to fire in two modes: slug and cluster. The slug shot was a standard autocannon round while the cluster round was a shotgun-like ammunition that more effectively damaged weakened points in an enemy's armor; however, the two shots that an LB 2-X fired were hardly destructive. The LB 2-X AC had the distinction of being the longest-range weapon on the ground, though its limited damage ensured that it saw little use.
In the years between the Second Exodus and the beginning of Operation KLONDIKE, the nascent Clans began development of what would become the LB 2-X. Experimental prototype versions of this new weapon were used during Operation KLONDIKE in small quantities. The Clan prototype LB 2-X, available during this period, had identical stats to the Inner Sphere LB 2-X autocannon, other than that it required a bit more space.
The LB 2-X AC was manufactured on the following planets:
Imperator Code Red
|Manufactured on||Manufactured by||Typically used in||References|
- This article refers to a common object and addresses the object as a common noun. The preferred term is "LB 2-X AC", with "autocannon" abbreviated to "AC" (except on section titles & table headings, where "LB 2-X Autocannon" is favored).
- Tech Manual, p. 290, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 207, "LB-X Autocannon"
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 88, "Upgraded Technologies Table"
- TechManual, p. 343, "Clan Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 341, "Inner Sphere Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 318, "Clan Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- Historical: Operation KLONDIKE, p. 156, "Prototype Clan Systems"
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 70