LB 2-X AC
|LB 2-X AC|
|Tech Base||Clan / IS|
|Year Availability||Clan = 2826 (CGS)|
|Heat||Clan = 1
IS = 1
|Damage||Clan = 2 (slug)|
1 per pellet (cluster)
|Minimum Range||Clan = 4
IS = 4
|Short Range||Clan = 1-10
IS = 1-9
|Medium Range||Clan = 11-20
IS = 10-18
|Long Range||Clan = 21-30
IS = 19-27
|Tons||Clan = 5
IS = 6
|Critical Slots||Clan = 3
IS = 4
|Ammo Per Ton||Clan = 45
IS = 45
|Cost (unloaded)||Clan = 150,000
IS = 150,000
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||Clan = 2,000 (slug)|
IS = 2,000 (slug)
|BV (2.0)||Clan = 47|
The LB 2-X AC, originally introduced by Clan Goliath Scorpion, was brought with the Clans during their invasion. It took the Inner Sphere several years, but they were eventually able to bring to technology from the LB 10-X AC to the lightest class of autocannon, as well. Like other LB-X autocannon, the LB 2-X is able to fire in two modes: slug and cluster. The slug shot is a standard autocannon shot that deals 2 points of damage to one location. The cluster round is a shotgun-like ammunition that usually spreads out its shot to find weakened points in an enemy's armor, however, the two shots that an LB 2-X fires are hardly destructive. The LB 2-X AC has the distinction of being the longest-range weapon on the ground, though its limited damage ensures that it sees little use.
In the years between the Second Exodus and the beginning of Operation KLONDIKE the nascent Clans began development of what would become the LB 2-X. Experimental prototype versions of this new weapon were used during Operation KLONDIKE in small quantities. The Clan Prototype LB 2-X available during this period has identical stats to the Inner Sphere LB 2-X Autocannon, other than that it requires 1 additional critical slot, and when rolling on the Cluster Table to determine the number of hits from cluster munitions, a -1 modifier must be applied to the result, down to a minimum result of 2.
The LB 2-X AC is manufactured on the following planets:
Imperator Code Red
|Manufactured on||Manufactured by||Typically used in||References|
- Tech Manual, p. 290, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 207, "Autocannon - LB-X Autocannon"
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 88, "Upgraded Technologies Table"
- TechManual, p. 343, "Clan Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 341, "Inner Sphere Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 318, "Clan Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- Historical: Operation KLONDIKE, p. 156, "Prototype Clan Systems"
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 70