- Your BattleTech News Round-Up For August, 2023
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- Read more →
La Blon nearby systems
|X:Y Coordinates||−31.803 : 72.852[e]|
- 1 System Description
- 2 System History
- 3 Political Affiliation
- 4 La Blon III
- 4.1 Planetary History
- 4.2 Military Deployment
- 4.3 Planetary Locations
- 4.4 Industrial Centers
- 5 Map Gallery
- 6 Nearby Systems
- 7 References
- 8 Bibliography
The La Blon system was colonized at some point prior to 2271.
- 2271 - Inhabited world
- 2340 - Federation of Skye
- 2341 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2764 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2970 - Draconis Combine
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3029 - Draconis Combine (until June)
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance
- 3063 - Lyran Alliance
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance
- 3075 - Lyran Alliance
- 3079 - Lyran Alliance
- 3081 - Lyran Alliance
- 3085 - Lyran Alliance
- 3134 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3135 - Independent world
- 3145 - Rasalhague Dominion
- 3151 - Rasalhague Dominion
La Blon III
|La Blon III|
|Moons||Three (Gwenhyvar, Ivanov, Tiarra)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|History and Culture|
|Government and Infrastructure|
|Political Leader||Governor Gregor Beatrice (3130),|
Legate Cy Winstead (3130)
La Blon III, more commonly known as La Blon, is a water world with a tropical climate. Most of the planetary surface is covered by seas and oceans, and the three main landmasses are less continents and more large islands. The three major landmasses, Elise, Ballay and Renaria have modestly fertile soil and abundant deposits of common metals. Elise lies in the northern hemisphere, while Ballay and Renaria are in the southern hemisphere. The inhabitants protected large tracts of jungle from exploitation on the land while focusing their expansion on the sea. The world is dotted with floating cities and aquaculture farms. Beneath the waves are underwater cities and mining operations. La Blon's tourist industry is quite large and people come from off world to enjoy time above and below the waves.
La Blon is also orbited by three moons: Gwenhyvar, Ivanov, and Tiarra. Ivanov is special in that it also hosts a human habitable atmosphere and climate.
The first colonists on La Blon were drawn by the natural resources found on La Blon and on Ivanov, La Blon's habitable moon, and developed a subsistence-level economy involving agriculture, light manufacturing and mining. Over time, tourism would become an important part of the planetary economy, benefiting from the warm and generally moderate weather, although tropical storms and hurricanes were common during La Blon's wet seasons.
Star League Era
By the height of the Star League era La Blon was a popular corporate retreat, a place renowned as somewhere that visitors could go to get away from everything, while still remaining connected to the wider world.
La Blon was raided a number of times during the Succession Wars, as well as being traded back and forth between the Combine's and Commonwealth's control, but these battles did little to damage La Blon's industry, infrastructure or natural beauty.
First Succession War
In 2791 the Combine was preparing an invasion of La Blon that was slated to utilize several Land-Air ’Mechs. The Commonwealth launched a series of spoiling raids on the LAM staging areas which ultimately succeeded in pinning the LAMs down, delayed the planned invasion for months, and ultimately led to the Combine's failure to take the world.
Third Succession War
At some point after the Second Succession War, the Draconis Combine took over La Blon. House Steiner would respond to this with the Raid on La Blon (2970) and other military operations. By the end of the Third Succession War, La Blon was back in Commonwealth hands.
Fourth Succession War
While the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces were attempting to consolidate the gains made during Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG, the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery launched a wave of counterattacks. Most of these contested worlds the Commonwealth had captured, but the Fourth Proserpina Hussars launched the most worrying attack for the Lyran High Command - an invasion of La Blon, executed in the final weeks of 3028. La Blon was defended by twenty assorted regiments of infantry and armor, and a single battalion of aging militia BattleMechs. The Fourth was a frontline 'Mech regiment and arrived with eighteen assorted supporting regiments, exploiting a hole in the LCAF's lines, and swiftly defeated the planetary militia.
In June 3029 the Commonwealth launched Operation HOLDUR, a plan devised by the Margrave of the Ryde Theater, General Jack Sphire, to break the deadlock in the region. HOLDUR carried a degree of risk and committed large numbers of troops - including militia forces - in an offensive spearheaded by 'Mech regiments and intended to be swift enough that the DCMS would be unable to counterattack. Archon Katrina Steiner approved the plan and mobilized additional 'Mech regiments to support HOLDUR, deploying regiments that had previously been held in reserve. When assigning these additional forces, the Archon dictated that these forces had to be used at the Terran end of the Ryde area, so that they could respond to any attacks originating from the Free Worlds League.
For the Archon, destroying DCMS 'Mech forces was as significant a goal as capturing territory; the LCAF was angry at the loss of La Blon, and as a consequence assigned the First Royal Guards and two companies of 'Mechs from the mercenary unit Barrett's Fusiliers to land on La Blon and destroy the Fourth Proserpina Hussars. The Hussars were caught by surprise while they were in the process of relocating their headquarters to Fort Taurus from Fort Minotaur. When the elite Royal Guards dropped two kilometers from Fort Minotaur and attacked, they found it occupied by just a battalion of the Fourth's 'Mechs, and within 28 hours had secured the Fort. Meanwhile, the forces from Barrett's Fusiliers landed on Fort Taurus, overwhelming the small garrison there while the Hussars were still almost seventy kilometers away. Deprived of both Forts the Hussars retreated into the countryside, raiding settlements for supplies while the Royal Guards began launching recon operations to try and pin them down.
The Hussars attempted to lure the Royal Guards out of Fort Minotaur so that they could sneak back in, without success, but were able to avoid getting trapped by the Royal Guards in turn until the Lyrans used falsified communications to lure the Hussars into a direct attack on Fort Minotaur, convinced that the main Guard force was elsewhere. The Hussars attacked in force, not realizing that they were facing the entire Royal Guards; after four hours of suffering heavy casualties the Hussars retreated, only to fall straight into an ambush prepared by the Fusiliers. With casualties mounting precipitously the surviving lances from the Hussars abandoned La Blon.
La Blon was fortunate during the Jihad, only serving as a jump-off point for Word of Blake attacks into other regions. This lack of interest in the world from various armies of the Inner Sphere has led to the people of La Blon thinking that war is either never going to find them or it's like in-flight turbulence: Something that's unpleasant at the time, but quickly recovered from after it's gone. This attitude leads others to believe that La Blon's people are rather naïve.
The Dark Age
By the thirty-second century, the inhabitants of La Blon had floating farms and cities across their ocean world. These floating structures hosted a well-developed aquaculture industry to farm the planet's native flora and fauna. In addition, there were domed cities to be found on the ocean floor. The city of Fathnine was a very large metropolis consisting of pressure domes and interconnecting networks of transportation cylinder tubes. These underwater tubes hosted a transportation system that were called Cylcars by the locals. These vehicles could convey passengers from the Storm Island Spaceport on the surface through a pressurized, transparent tube beneath the waves to the city.
La Blon's underwater light industry explored and conquered everything from manufacturing items under high pressures to recovering gold from sea beds. Tourism was highly profitable for the world, with people traveling from their worlds to enjoy time above and beneath the waves.
- - At this time the Fifteenth Arcturan Guards were deployed across La Blon, and Marfik. The Fifteenth was at 55% of full strength, with 85% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- Elise: Continent
- Ballay: Continent
- Fathnine: underwater city
- Fort Minotaur: a military base on La Blon.
- Fort Taurus: a military base on La Blon.
- Renaria: Continent
- Storm Island
- Storm Island Spaceport
|Closest 60 systems (60 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 219: "La Blon"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25: "Map - Lyran Commonwealth after the Age of War"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16: "Free Worlds League Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13: "Federation of Skye world within the Lyran Commonwealth before  and after at their founding in "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25: "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 25: "Rim Worlds Republic at the Fall of the Star League "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. xi: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War, pp. 24–25: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36: "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122–123: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War, pp. 112–113: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40: "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War -  Map"
- Technical Readout: 3023 Revised, p. 20: "Deployment"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), foldout: "Lyran Commonwealth Map - "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47: "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War -  Map"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 61: "End of the Offensive"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 76: "La Blon"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56: "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59: "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61: "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70: "Lyran Commonwealth after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 21: "Lyran Alliance Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Flight of the Falcon, ch. 18
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Shattered Fortress, pp. 102–103: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere, p. 20: "Prefecture IX"
- Masters of War, ch. 19
- Technical Readout: 3025, p. 128: Given the reference to First Succession War it is assumed the intended date was 2791, not 2891
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 73: "Ryde Theater"
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, Revised, p. 42: "Barrett's Fusiliers: The Light Musketeers"
- Masters of War, ch. 20
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 61: "End of the Offensive"
- 20 Year Update, p. 26: "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 10: "Arcturan Guards Regimental Status"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 173: "Clan Force Deployments - Rasalhague Dominion"
- 20 Year Update
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, Revised
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: LAAF
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Masters of War (novel)
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Shattered Fortress
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised