- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
La Blon neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-31.803 : 72.852[e]|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Moons||3 (Gwenhyvar, Ivanov, Tiarra)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler|| Gregor Beatrice (Governor)|
Cy Winstead (Planetary Legate)
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2340 - Federation of Skye 
- 2341 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2764 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3029 - Draconis Combine (until June)
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3063 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3075 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3079 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3081 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3085 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3135 - Independent world 
- 3145 - Rasalhague Dominion 
La Blon is a water world with a tropical climate; most of the planetary surface is covered by seas and oceans, and the three main laindmasses are less continents and more large islands. The three major landmasses, Elise, Ballay and Renaria have modestly fertile soil and abundant deposits of common metals. Elise lies in the northern hemisphere, while Ballay and Renaria are in the southern hemisphere.
The first colonists on La Blon were drawn by the natural resources found on La Blon and on Ivanov, La Blon's habitable moon, and developed a subsistence-level economy involving agriculture, light manufacturing and mining. Over time, tourism would become an important part of the planetary economy, benefitting from the warm and generally moderate weather, although tropical storms and hurricanes were common during La Blon's wet seasons.
Star LEague Era
By the height of the Star League era La Blon was a popular corporate retreat, a place renowned as somewhere that visitors could go to get away from everything, while still remaining connected to the wider world.
Fourth Succession War
While the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces were attempting to consolidate the gains made during Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG, the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery launched a wave of counter-attacks. Most of these contested worlds the Commonwealth had captured, but the Fourth Proserpina Hussars launched the most worrying attack for the Lyran High Command - an invasion of La Blon, executed in the final weeks of 3028. La Blon was defended by twenty assorted regiments of infantry and armor, and a single battalion of aging militia BattleMechs. The Fourth was a front-line 'Mech reigment and arrived with eighteen assorted supporting regiments, exploiting a hole in the LCAF's lines, and swiftly defeated the planetary militia.
In June 3029 the Commonwealth launched Operation HOLDUR, a plan devised by the Margrave of the Ryde Theater, General Jack Sphire, to break the deadlock in the region. HOLDUR carried a degree of risk and committed large numbers of troops - including militia forces - in an offensive spearheaded by 'Mech regiments and intended to be swift enough that the DCMS would be unable to counter-attack. Archon Katrina Steiner approved the plan and mobilised additional 'Mech regiments to support HOLDUR, deploying regiments that had previously been held in reserve. When assigning these additional forces, the Archon dictated that these forces had to be used at the Terran end of the Ryde area, so that they could respond to any attacks originating from the Free Worlds League.
For the Archon, destroying DCMS 'Mech forces was as significant a goal as capturing territory; the LCAF was angry at the loss of La Blon, and as a consequence assigned the First Royal Guards and two companies of 'Mechs from the mercenary unit Barrett's Fusiliers to land on La Blon and destroy the Fourth Proserpina Hussars. The Hussars were caught by surprise while they were in the process of relocating their headquarters to Fort Taurus from Fort Minotaur. When the elite Royal Guards dropped two kilometers from Fort Minotaur and attacked, they found it occupied by just a battalion of the Fourth's 'Mechs, and within 28 hours had secured the Fort. Meanwhile, the forces from Barrett's Fusiliers landed on Fort Taurus, overwhelming the small garrison there while the Hussars were still almost seventy kilometers away. Deprived of both Forts the Hussars retreated into the countryside, raiding settlements for supplies while the Royal Guards began launching recon operations to try and pin them down.
The Hussars attempted to lure the Royal Guards out of Fort Minotaur so that they could sneak back in, without success, but were able to avoid getting trapped by the Royal Guards in turn until the Lyrans used falsified communications to lure the Hussars into a direct attack on Fort Minotaur, convinced that the main Guard force was elsewhere. The Hussars attacked in force, not realising that they were facing the entire Royal Guards; after four hours of suffering heavy casualties the Hussars retreated, only to fall straight into an ambush prepared by the Fusiliers. With casualties mounting precipitously the surviving lances from the Hussars abandoned La Blon.
La Blon was fortunate during the Jihad, only serving as a jump-off point for Word of Blake attacks into other regions. This lack of interest in the world from various armies of the Inner Sphere has led to the people of La Blon thinking that war is either never going to find them or it's like in-flight turbulence: Something that's unpleasant at the time, but quickly recovered from after it's gone. This attitude leads others to believe that La Blon's people are rather naive.
The Dark Age
Using technology of the day, colonist developed floating farms and cities. They used farms to raise algae, which was in turned to manufacture to create different kinds of food. La Blon people developed their aquaculture to farm fish and planet's native flora and fauna took well to domestication. As year passed, technology allowed them to dome their cities and lower them to sea bed. As of 3135, the floating farms are still floated, and beneath them their domed cities have grown into vast size of metropolis which have prospered.
La Blon's underwater light industry explored and conquered everything from manufacturing items under high-pressures to recovering gold from sea beds. Tourism was highly profitable, with people taking months travel from their worlds to journey under waves.
Once of their principle space ports is located on Storm Island. Here underwater tube cars called Cylcars convey passengers from the island spaceport through a transparent pressure tube to underwater city of Fathnine. Travel time takes hour from the Spaceport.
City of Fathnine can be largely seen from the trip from the surface, massive pressure domes covering the city with interconnecting networks of transportation cylinder tubes.
- Amadeus: the planetary capital city, located on Elise at the foot of the Carbondale Mountains. Site of the largest spaceport on LaBlon and home to La Blon Interstellar Entertainment.
- Fort Minotaur: a military base on La Blon.
- Fort Taurus: a military base on La Blon.
- Listellei: largest seaport on La Blon, located on the the coast of Renaria; also home to the largest casino resort on La Blon, the Diamond Mine.
- - At this point in time the 15th Arcturan Guards were deployed across La Blon, and Marfik. The 15th was at 55% of full strength, with 85% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 216, "La Blon World Profile"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Federation of Skye world within the Lyran Commonwealth befor  and after at their founding in "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 25, "Rim Worlds Republic At the Fall of the Star League "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War -  Map"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. vii, "Lyran Commonwealth Map - "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War -  Map"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 61, "End of the Offensive"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 76, "La Blon"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Commonwealth after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 21, "Lyran Alliance Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Spherep -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 73, "Ryde Theater"
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, Revised, p. 42, "Barrett's Fusiliers: The Light Musketeers"
- Masters of War, p.??
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 61, "End of the Offensive"
- 20 Year Update, p. 26 - "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 10, "Arcturan Guards Regimental Status"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 173, "Clan Force Deployments - Rasalhague Dominion"
- 20 Year Update
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, Revised
- Field Report: LAAF
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Masters of War (novel)
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2