- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|Lamprey Transport Helicopter|
|Manufacturer||Vandenberg Mechanized Industries|
|Communications System||O/P AIR 19|
|Targeting Tracking System||O/P 411|
Created by Vandenberg Mechanized Industries in 3100, and produced on Pinard, the Lamprey was conceived as a fast transport that was able to provide its own covering fire. The Lamprey is a model infantry transport VTOL with 4 tons cargo capacity. Unparalleled reliability, easy maintenance, and ruggedness have given it a very good reputation. Able to field a full complement of troops, this armed VTOL has managed to continue production despite the economic depression affecting the Taurian Concordat.
Aside from being one of the best when it comes to escorting troops into and from hot landing zones and being perfectly responsive even in the toughest of situations, the Lamprey has one more trick up its sleeve and that is it is perfectly fit even for rookies.
Weapons and Equipment
With dual Harpoon SRM-4 missile racks, and a Scattergun Machine Gun, the Lamprey is able to provide an impressive amount of cover fire. This armament is backed by 5.5 tons of armor that allows the vehicle to take a few hits and live through it.
No different variants of the Lamprey are known to exist.
MechWarrior: Dark Age version of the Lamprey
- online date for the Lamprey
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 24
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p.14-15, "Lamprey Transport Helicopter"