- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Power Plant||250 Fusion Engine|
|Communications System||Telestar G-3|
|Tracking & Targeting System||SynCom DEC w/Artemis IV FCS|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
One of the products of the post-Clan Invasion trillion M-Bill naval technology renaissance in the Free Worlds League, the Lancer is an advanced Aerospace Fighter design that sees most use as a carrier DropShip and WarShip-based reconnaissance craft.
Gutierrez Aerospace put their decade of experience with producing the stopgap F-94 Stingray to good use in designing the test bed LX-1 to validate the design and new technology, with the production model LX-2 entering service after a four year development period in 3064. Though not as "cutting-edge" as the Shiva OmniFighter, the Lancer is a formidable aircraft, hailed as a "dream to fly" by pilots and "simplicity to maintain" by ground crews.
A light and agile fighter with integrated flight and weapon systems, the heart of the aircraft is the 250-rated fusion engine and five tons of fuel, capable of driving the Lancer at high speeds at low level. Advanced terrain-avoidance sensors allow the Lancer to fly at NOE altitudes, a highly successful if uncomfortable way to sneak under enemy radar cover.
Weapons and Equipment
A nose-mounted Irian Weapons Works Class 10b LRM launcher provides the Lancers principal long-range firepower, the same weapon carried by the Stingray with the addition of an Artemis IV FCS to improve missile accuracy, with a Tronel PPL-22 Large Pulse Laser mounted in each wing providing medium-range firepower. While carrying an advanced and well rounded weapons array for its size, the Lancer is hampered by carrying only a single ton of LRM reloads, and bombs or external pods greatly degrade the fighter's performance in its signature NOE role.
- MUL online date for the Lancer
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 142-143, "Lancer Fighter Profile"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 82
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 248
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 83
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 249
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 250