Large Chemical Laser
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Large Chemical Laser|
|Type||Direct Fire- Energy|
|Ammo Per Ton||10|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||30,000|
|BV (2.0)|| 99 for laser;|
12 for ammo
The Large Chemical Laser is the Large Laser equivalent in the Chemical Laser family. Intended for use on combat vehicles that have an ICE or Fuel Cell engine, the chemical laser uses a "shell" of lasing chemicals to create the energy it needs to fire a laser beam at a target. The drawback to this system is that unlike every other laser system that exists, it can actually run out of ammunition. The key advantage to the system is that it will operate on vehicles that lack a fusion engine and it doesn't require power amplifiers.
As this weapon is produced only by the Clans, there are no Inner Sphere models.
- Tactical Operations, p. 407, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 320, "Chemical Lasers"
- "Tactical Operations, p. 406, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 384, "Clan Weapons And Equipment BV Table"