- This article is about the BattleMech. For the anthology, see Legacy (anthology).
|'Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Skobel Template 8 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Aldis Plate with CASE|
|Communications System||Skobel Wave VII Comm with C3i Computer|
|Targeting Tracking System||Falcon 15 Watcher|
|Heat Sinks||10 double|
|Jump Jets||CurtissJet 80|
|BV (1.0)||1,751 (C3: 247)|
The Legacy was produced as a testbed for new technologies, including the Ultra AC/10 and C3i Computer, at the request of Word of Blake Precentor Martial Cameron St. Jamais. The designers used a failed Star League 'Mech called the Rising Star as the base for the Legacy. They upgraded its targeting system and included the C3i, which allows six units to coordinate fire. Its thick armor protection, standard fusion engine, and CASE give the Legacy remarkable staying power on the battlefield. One of the weaknesses of the 'Mech is its slow speed compared to other 'Mechs of similar size, but the inclusion of jump jets sought to counter that with superior maneuverability.
Weapons and Equipment
The main guns on the Legacy are its two large-bore Mydron Excel Ultra AC/10 autocannons, which are capable of punching through any opposing 'Mech with amazing speed. The three Diverse Optics ER Medium Lasers and the Guided Technologies 2nd Gen Streak SRM-4 launchers are clearly backup weapons. The lack of significant long-range weapons hampers the design somewhat, an absence that is only exacerbated by its slow speed. Moreover, the 'Mech's vaunted durability is limited due to its reliance on ammo-fed weaponry. Should the Legacy run out of ammunition, it is clearly advantageous for the pilot to quit the field rather than attempt to use energy weaponry that can be outclassed by 'Mechs half its size.
- This upgrade of the Legacy utilizes a Light Fusion Engine to increase the 'Mech's top speed to 64 km/h, though its jumping capacity does not increase commensurately. All of the 'Mech's backup weapons remain the same, but the autocannons are replaced with a pair of Heavy PPCs. The 'Mech's heat dissipation capability has also not kept up, utilizing only fourteen double heat sinks. BV(1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 2,121
- This Legacy uses the same frame and engine as the 03 model but uses a Compact Gyro to provide enough room to add MASC. This means it can reach a speed of 86 km/h. The weaponry has been replaced with a pair of Snub-Nose PPCs, and the hand actuators have been replaced by Claws. The standard armor is replaced by Light Ferro-Fibrous. BV(2.0)=1,745
- This variant uses a compact engine and Compact Gyro to increase survivability. It has the same top speed as the standard Legacy and drops the jump range to sixty meters. Each arm carries a Medium Variable Speed Pulse Laser and a Light PPC, supported by two torso mounted MML-7s with Artemis IV fire control systems. A head-mounted ER Small Laser rounds out the armament. Thirteen double heat sinks are installed as well. BV(2.0)=1,628
- In German products, the unit's proper name was translated to Vermächtnis. The model code was accordingly changed to VMT-01.
Original Legacy from TRO:3067
- Technical Readout: Jihad, pp. 164–164: "LGC-01 Legacy"
- MUL online date for the Legacy
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 93
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 151
- Combat Operations, p. 134
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 152
- LGC-03 Legacy Record Sheet on CBT.com (dead link)
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 153
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 154
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 155
- BattleMech Manual, p. 92 BattleMech Quirk Table - Legacy Entry.