- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
- This article is about the apocyphal tank from MechCommander 2. For the famed mercenary unit, see Gray Death Legion.
|Targeting Tracking System||???|
The Legion assault tank was a House Steiner attempt at creating a vehicle capable of crippling or destroying BattleMechs and successor to the Alacorn tank as an alternative to the obsolete model. The factory that made these on Carver V was destroyed by mercenaries shortly after it began production, along with all operational Legion tanks on base; it is unknown if any escaped.
Weapons and Equipment
The Legion's main armament consists of two Gauss Rifles, which give it ample long range capabilities. For closer-ranged enemies, the Legion relies on two Medium Lasers and a pair of short-range homing missile launchers, apparently a Streak SRM-2 system. All of these weapons are found in the turret. The vehicle is heavily armored on all sides except the rear, which makes it susceptible to fast or stealthy units.
There are no known variants of the Legion.
It also appears in the non-canonical fan novel Berserkerbanden.
The vehicle's weapons include two "SRM Launchers", which equates to one SRM-4, and the fact that the missiles track their targets means it can be assumed that they are the Streak variant.
- MechCommander 2 - Facility Assault: Legion