- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
This article is about the BattleMech. For the military rank, see Legionnaire (rank).
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||2A Type 15 Endo Steel|
|Engine||Magna 350 XL|
|Communications System||PCE-4X "Blaster"|
|Targeting Tracking System||Reginald Systems TC-A|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
1x Rotary AC/5
The Legionnaire was developed as the Federated Suns answer to the Lyran Blitzkrieg. The Legionnaire entered production during the Word of Blake Jihad. A lance of Legionnaires played an important role in the third battle of New Avalon. As Blakist forces tried to ford the Thames river, the Legionnaires quickly assaulted their left flank, breaking their momentum and eventually forcing them off-world. Capable of reaching 118 km/h, the Legionnaire is a fast flanker. It is built on an Endo Steel chassis, which is protected by nine and a half tons of armor.  The Legionnaire was one of the last new designs to be mass-produced by the Achernar BattleMech factory.
Weapons and Equipment
The Legionnaire is built around a single Mydron Model RC large-bore rotary Autocannon with three tons of ammunition slaved to a sophisticated Targeting Computer, giving it extreme accuracy in battle.
- This was the original prototype created in 3068, which was designed to be a scout 'Mech. It was armed with a Rotary Autocannon/2, two ER Medium Lasers, had a Beagle Active Probe, and an additional half-ton ton of armor. The LGN-2X prototype was chosen for production instead. BV (2.0) = 1,322
- Based on the LGN-2X1 MUSE FIRE design, this variant uses a Torso-Mounted Cockpit to protect the pilot. The Targeting Computer has been removed and a pair of arm-mounted ER Medium Lasers joins the standard Rotary Autocannon/5. Nearly ten tons of Reflective Armor provides additional protection from energy weapons, but leaves the 'Mech slightly more vulnerable to ballistic and missile attacks. BV (2.0) = 1,808
- This variant swaps out the Autocannon for an ER PPC, turning the Legionnaire into a potent sniper. The weight saved enables the addition of enough jump jets for the 'Mech to leap up to 210 meters at a time and more armor. It also carries a Targeting Computer and MASC system to reach a top speed of nearly 150km/h. BV (1.0) = 1,341 BV (2.0) = 1,597
- LGN-2X1 MUSE FIRE
- A project to create an upgrade package for the Legionnaire, this version carries an ER Medium Laser in each arm. The standard armor was replaced by Clan made Reflective Armor. A Clan built Rotary AC/5 was crammed into the right torso. To provide room for the pilot, the MUSE FIRE uses a Torso Cockpit. The room freed in the 'Mech's head is used to store three tons of ammunition. This version doesn't carry the Targeting Computer of the standard version. BV (2.0) = 2,032
The Legionnaire has the following Design Quirk:
- Centurion - Unsuccessful in increasing the mass of the Centurion BattleMech, Corean Enterprises reworked their prototype skeletons rather than scrap the project. Ultimately, the design team produced the Legionnaire BattleMech.
- Blitzkrieg - The role of the Legionnaire was inspired by the performance of the Blitzkrieg BattleMech during the Federated Commonwealth Civil War. Both designs are built to be a fast flanking unit mounting a single, powerful weapon system.
- Raul Ortega - Knight-Errant of the Republic, piloted a Legionnaire most of Achernar campaign against the Steel wolves.
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 76-77
- MUL online date for Legionnaire
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 57
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 146
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 56
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 145
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 111
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 58
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 120
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 57
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 147
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 58
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 148
- Experimental Technical Readout: Davion, p. 3
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 59
- BattleTech Manual, p. 92, "BattleMech Quirk Table - Legionnaire"
- A Call to Arms
- Experimental Technical Readout: Davion
- Isle of the Blessed, Steven Mohan Jr., BattleCorps
- MWDA Swordsworn's dossier of Jaqueline Tadaka
- MWDA Swordsworn's dossier of Scott Tracyk
- MWDA Spirit Cat's dossier of Susan Drummond
- Master Unit List
- Record Sheets: 3075
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3075
- Technical Readout: Prototypes