- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Leyda nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-71.092 : -346.95[e]|
- 2366 - Independent World within the Capellan Zone 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2577 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2581 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Free Worlds League 
- 3025 - Free Worlds League 
- 3030 - Free Worlds League 
- 3040 - Free Worlds League 
- 3050 - Free Worlds League 
- 3054 - Free Worlds League 
- 3058 - Free Worlds League 
- 3067 - Free Worlds League 
- 3079 - Duchy of Andurien 
- 3081 - Duchy of Andurien 
- 3130 - Duchy of Andurien 
When a number of minor states and independent colony worlds within the region known as the Capellan Zone formed the Capellan Confederation in 2367, Leyda was one of the independent colony worlds that chose to join the Confederation.
When the Periphery nations rejected the Pollux Proclamation and the Star League began the Reunification War, Leyda acted as a staging world for the SLDF task force based around the SLDF VII Corps and an auxiliary force drawn from the Free Worlds League Military. Immediately prior to attacks being launched on the Magistracy of Canopus, Ledya was garrisoned by the 402nd and 403rd Independent Regiments, and Leyda continued to act as a supply depot for the task force.
The Magistracy Armed Forces launched a number of raids on worlds within the Free Worlds League that were acting as staging grounds and supply depots for the task force at various points; in 2581 Leyda was attacked, the furthest world spinward to have been attacked at that point in time. The raid by the First Canopian Fusiliers was one of many that kept SLDF resources tied up supporting garrisons, slowing the invasion of the Magistracy.
In the early 2760s an attempted robbery of the First Bank of Leyda was foiled by the Fifth Andurien Hussars, a relatively newly-formed regiment created as a part of the increase in size of the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces following the decision by the Star League council to repeal a decree limiting the size of the miliary each Great House could assemble. The bank robbers had taken control of the bank and were holding twenty-nine people hostage; as a part of their role in supporting public order operations elements of the Fifth were deployed to deal with the bank robber, and the Commanding Officer of the regiment, Colonel Leona Weiqi, ordered a lance of Stingers to get between the hostages and the robbers by tearing their way through the side of the building. The tactic was ultimately successful, but not before two hostages were killed, and the incident generated another complaint against the Fifth for using excessive force.
| Closest 44 systems (44 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding, 2366"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 93, "Magistracy of Canopus after Age of War  and fall of the Star League "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 94, "Reunification War: Magistracy of Canopus Front Deployments (2577)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 101, "Gallis, Aspropirgos, Fanardir and Borgan's Rift (January 2580-October 2581)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- 20 Year Update, p. 56, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 37, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 17, "Free Worlds League Deployment Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere - March 3081"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 148, "Magistracy Of Canopus Front(Jump-Off - 2582)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 150, "Magistracy Of Canopus Front(Jump-Off - 2582)"
- Field Report: Capellan Confederation 2765, p. 8, "Andurien Hussars"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 135, "First Succession War Deployment Table - CCAF"
- ’’ Second Succession War’’, p. 95
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 91, "Deployment Table - 3085"
- 20 Year Update
- Era Report: 2750
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Report: Capellan Confederation 2765
- Field Report: FWLM
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids