- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
There is no information about the system proper, or its exact location. It apparently changed hands several times between the Capellan Confederation and the Federated Suns, and was also repeatedly raided by the Draconis Combine. This seems to suggest a position near the borders of all three nations, and thus also relatively close to Terra.
- 2802 - Capellan Confederation
- 2930 - Capellan Confederation
- 2990 - Federated Suns
- 3001 - Federated Suns (routed by Capellan Confederation attack)
- 3040 - uninhabited
Lincoln V is implicitly the fifth planet in the Lincoln system. Beyond the mentioning of a "field at Durban" where aerospace fighters had landed and were subsequently destroyed by infantry and vehicle forces, no information about the planet is available.
First Succession War
In 2802 and 2803, attacks by House Kurita (including the Dieron Regulars and the mercenary Daemian's Destroyers) against Lincoln were repulsed by House Liao forces including Blandford's Grenadiers and the First and Second Kearny Highlanders.
Third Succession War
In 2990 House Liao attempted to invade Lincoln. However, the Davion defenders managed to destroy landed Liao aerospace fighters on a field at "Durban" (apparently a place on Lincoln V) and this forced the Liao attackers to withdraw within a matter of hours.
At some unspecified point around the beginning of the 31st century the Fifteenth Dracon (under contract to House Liao) was stationed on Lincoln V for R&R. A House Davion counterattack left a very young native of Lincoln V, Shawn Phillips, orphaned. He would be adopted by a sergeant in the repair section of the Fifteenth and go on to become a noted Hunchback MechWarrior as of 3025. Given that the world was previously held by the Federated Suns, it stands to reason this counterattack followed the 3001 invasion by the Capellan Confederation.
- Seventh Crucis Lancers
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 68 ("Hasek-Davion's Treason" sidebox)
- Technical Readout: 3025, p. 58 (Hunchback entry, Notable 'Mechs and MechWarriors section: Captain Shawn Phillips)
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 78
- Technical Readout: 3025, p. 138 (Stuka entry, Battle History section)
- Technical Readout: 3025, p. 138 (Packrat entry, Battle History section)
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 93
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), pp. 81, 83