Lipton nearby systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-33.864 : 6.414[e]|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Birds|
|Ruler||Vanessa Redstorm, Governor (3130)|
Ngai Dinh, Legate (3130)
- 2237 - Terran Alliance 
- 2243 - Independent world 
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2319 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2764 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2767 - Amaris Empire 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2774 - Amaris Empire 
- 2786 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth>
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3063 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3145 - Republic of the Sphere 
3055 to 3062 to 3067
One of the first colonies founded, Lipton was a unique combination of old and new. Though capable of supporting light industry, Lipton's population preferred to make their money via trading. This allowed them to maintain their "frontier" mentality and lifestyle. During the Outer Reaches Rebellion Lipton didn't fight or contribute money to those worlds that did. Rather they used passive resistance to show their desire to leave the Terran Alliance. Alliance militia battalions on Lipton refused to board their transports when called up to fight during the rebellion, fleeing into the hinterlands of Lipton before they could be arrested.
Having become independent as a result of the Demarcation Declaration, Lipton was subsequently added to the resurgent Terran Hegemony; whilst some worlds joined the Hegemony during its early years as a result of diplomatic and trade incentives, many more were conquered in "campaigns of persuasion" launched by Director-General James McKenna, the first of which began in 2316 and ended with the capture of Towne in 2317. Lipton was one of the worlds added to the Hegemony during or around the time of this first military campaign.
Star League Era
Despite being a part of the Tyrfing Province of the Terran Hegemony following the Reunification War, the same frontier mentality and pride in their own self-sufficiency that had been a part of the character of the inhabitant of Lipton during the era of the Terran Alliance stayed with their descendants throughout their time in the Star League and during their time as part of the Isle of Skye. In fact, during the FedCom Civil War, Lipton's people sided with the Free Skye Movement.
First Succession War
Lipton was one of a number of Lyran Commonwealth border worlds to be struck by a devastating cross-border raids by the Free Worlds League between 2786 and 2790, as the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces began to crack under the pressure of continuing efforts to annex the Bolan Thumb while also attempting to maintain a defensive posture against both the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery and the Free Worlds League Military.
It wasn't until the Jihad that the Liptoners had their illusions shattered. Mercenaries employed by the Word of Blake raided the world, destroying both the main base used by the Fourth Alliance Guards and several industrial complexes. The destruction of these factories sent the world's economy into depression, and the lack of trade during the Jihad further damaged Lipton's economy.
Lipton was subsequently incorporated into the Word of Blake Protectorate, and in 3076 the Word of Blake deployed the 1st Lipton Protectorate Militia Division to Dyev as part of a counterassault against invading forces from Clan Ghost Bear. The apparent destruction of the various Divisions the Word of Blake had assembled on Dyev doubtlessly aided the allied coalition forces operating on the Lyran front of Operation SCOUR, as forces led by Duke Robert Kelswa-Steiner struck at Lipton in November 3077, quick crushing any resistance on the planet.
It wasn't until the Republic of the Sphere took control of Lipton that sufficient funds were found to allow Lipton to recover. In fact, one of the largest employers is Redstorm Fashions, Limited, a textile manufacturer owned by the planetary governor. These textile exports are well on the way to rebuilding Lipton's economy.
|Closest 80 systems (80 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Xi Ursae Majoris||14.7||Menkent||17.1||Graham||19.7||Afleir||19.8|
|Tau Ceti||21.7||Devil's Rock||21.8||Pollux||22.1||Summer||22.3|
|Alphecca||57.1||New Stevens||57.6||Epsilon Eridani||59.1||Saffel||59.7|
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 185, "Laiaka World Profile"
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere, p. 18 "Prefecture VIII"
- The Periphery, 1st Edition, p. 13, "Outer Reaches Rebellion"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine Founding -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 104, "Rim Worlds Republic -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War  Map"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 132, "District and Prefecture Boundaries of Kurita Space"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 10, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Commonwealth after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii , "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Shattered Sphere, p. 48, "Lyran Alliance Deployment Table"
- ComStar (sourcebook), p. 85, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 126, "ComGuard Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 98, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 144, "Republic Armed Forces - Hastati Sentinels"
- The Star League, p. 16, "Terra's Errant Flock"
- First Succession War, p. 62, "The War of Raids: House Steiner's Succession War"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 126, "Word Of Blake Militia"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 64-65, "3077: War In Review"
- ComStar (sourcebook)
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: ComStar
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: LAAF
- First Succession War (Source Book)
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- [Jihad: Final Reckoning]
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- The Periphery, First Edition
- Shattered Sphere
- The Star League
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere