- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||Type-A Endo Steel|
|Armor||Type-1 Ferro Fibrous|
|Engine||General System 240 XL|
|Communications System||Howler 79|
|Targeting Tracking System||Model 92 "Stalker"|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
The Lobo was originally conceived as an inexpensive companion to the Timber Wolf. Khan Vladimir Ward's Clan Wolf was never fond of the Linebacker, the brain child of Khans Natasha Kerensky and Phelan Ward, so Khan Ward directed his scientists to design something smaller. Despite that, Ward was not happy with his options until Clan Coyote developed the Advanced Tactical Missile Launcher. Ward quickly secured the technology and had it incorporated into the Lobo. With that inclusion, the 'Mech ceased to be cheap, however, as the inclusion of Endo Steel and an Extra-light Engine was necessary to free up space for the desired launchers. Khan Ward now views the Lobo as a testbed for an eventual OmniMech to justify the costs required to produce the design. Able to out-pace the Timber Wolf, the Lobo is more in line with Clan Wolf's shift to faster, hard-hitting 'Mechs. The Lobo is protected by seven tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor and a Shield-3 Anti-Missile System.
Weapons and Equipment
At long range, the Lobo makes use of its Volt-7 Extended Range Large Laser. As it closes, it can makes use of the paired CC ATM 6s, then the pair of General Systems Heavy Medium Lasers and the General Systems Heavy Small Laser. The meager ten double heat sinks allotted to the design cannot hope to keep it cool, so MechWarriors have resorted to running the heat up to the red, then disengaging to cool off.
- Lobo 3
- Another Jihad era anti-infantry configuration, the Lobo 3 has a Machine Gun Array in each arm. Four Machine Guns are in each array. Additional anti-infantry firepower comes from the pair of AP Gauss Rifles in the torso. For more heavily armored targets, the Lobo 4 carries a Streak SRM-4, ER PPC, and Medium Pulse Laser. BV(2.0)=1,824
Original Lobo from TRO:3067
- MUL online entry for Lobo
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 113, "Lobo 'Mech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 196
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 197
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 198