- Your BattleTech News Round-Up For August, 2023
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- Read more →
Londerholm nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-42.221 : 1872.682[e]|
|Recharge time||198 hours|
- 1 System Description
- 2 System History
- 3 Political Affiliation
- 4 Londerholm II
- 5 Map Gallery
- 6 Nearby Systems
- 7 References
- 8 Bibliography
- 2821 - The Clans
- 2912 - Clan Smoke Jaguar
- 3037 - Clan Smoke Jaguar
- 3050 - Clan Coyote / Clan Ice Hellion / Clan Smoke Jaguar
- 3052 - Clan Ice Hellion - 34%, Clan Nova Cat - 40%, Clan Smoke Jaguar - 26%
- 3062 - Clan Coyote - 32%, Clan Ice Hellion - 68%
- 3067 - Clan Coyote - 44%, Clan Ice Hellion - 56%
- 17 September, 3072 - Clan Steel Viper
- 3075 - Clan Cloud Cobra - 27%, Clan Coyote - 43%, Clan Star Adder - 30%
- 3085 - Clan Cloud Cobra - 20%, Clan Coyote - 45%, Clan Star Adder -1 10%, Clan Stone Lion - 25%
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Birds|
Colonized by 2821, the breadbasket world became infamous for the Londerholm Revolt of 2912, when a famine led to widespread rebellion among the Jaguar's laborer caste. The rebellion was put down with great violence, and the population decline ended the famine. The port city of Vostok was razed to the ground by the Jaguars and never rebuilt.
It was on this world that the Hellion's Fury campaign came to an end in June 3050. In the ruins of Vostok the attacking Ice Hellions suffered heavy losses from a joint Coyote-Smoke Jaguar force. A few weeks later a bandit raid upon the Hellions' newly acquired territory resulted in the death of the Hellion Khan and the maiming of his saKhan. The timing of the attack led to unproven allegations that the Jaguars had deliberately arranged for the bandits' attack.
The Wars of Reaving
In 3070, when the Ice Hellions stripped their holdings bare in preparation for Operation ICE STORM, or as lower caste citizens had been told, "a new 'Hellion Fury' series of assaults", Clan Coyote, commanded by Galaxy Commander Armin Tamzarian, mobilized and seized three industrial complexes Londerholm in the Hellion's enclave. Denizens of the enclaves confirmed the Hellion Warrior Caste was not defending two additional facilities, a large merchant trading facility and a Sabutai factory. The successes of the operation prompted Khan Silas Kufahl to reform Gamma Galaxy, and tasked the reconstituted unit with the defense of Londerholm and Hellgate, and operations in the area.
In August, 3072, ilKhan Brett Andrews was accused of failing to rally the Clans to internal threats posed by The Society uprising by Khan Silas Kufahl, and challenged the ilKhan to a Trial of Reaving for his legacy. Andrews quickly killed the Coyote Khan, but the challenge brought to the ilKhan's attention the lack of communication with Clan Steel Viper colonies throughout the Clan Homeworlds, and the fact Clan Ice Hellion was largely missing. In response, Andrews mobilized the Vipers and their snake allies, Clans Cloud Cobra and Star Adder, each declaring their intent to Absorb the Ice Hellions.
When saKhan Nicole Hoskins arrived with Beta Galaxy and Gamma Galaxy at Londerholm (one of only a handful of Clan worlds with access to HPG-communications) in early September, 3072, an aging Hellion solahma responded to her batchall for the enclave. The landing and first four Trials were unopposed. During the subsequent assault on Sprague, the use of a chemical weapons against the Vipers' bivouac prompted Hoskins to raze most of the city. In the aftermath, the Vipers discovered the 'Ice Hellion' forces were in fact Society scientists and Dark Caste warriors. On 10 September, two Coyote Clusters from Gamma Galaxy, the 27th Strike Cluster and 44th Battle Cluster attacked the Vipers without batchall. The fury of the Coyote assault on elements of Beta Galaxy was matched by Gamma as they deployed to destroy the interlopers. The battle ended with the destruction of both Coyote units, the destruction of Vipers' 19th Striker Cluster, severe damage to the Vipers' 428th Assault Cluster, and Londerholm in complete control of Clan Steel Viper by 17 September. Noting signs of genetic Taint amongst the Coyote defenders, the Vipers carried out a Reaving, destroying infrastructure and killing civilians, which resulted in the deaths of over seven million.
There is some speculations the Coyotes may have intervened in order to defend or destroy evidence of a Society cell working in genetics research on Londerholm. In addition to Londerholm, elements of Clan Coyote intervened in other Clan Steel Viper Trials of Possesion, especially on Foster. The Coyote actions, and the explosions that destroyed Coyote enclaves as their Warriors fell to Steel Viper, were later used as circumstantial evidence of collusion between the Coyotes and the Society, although the Coyotes were spared Trial of Annihilation due to a lack of direct evidence.
By December, 3072, the Society deployed a new type of weapon against the Steel Vipers on their newly liberated enclaves on Londerholm, Foster, New Kent, and Atreus. The weapon was biological, a new genetically tailored virus capable of "boil[ing the] insides" of its victims. The fever killed 90,000 Warrior and lower-caste civilians related to the Mercer, Tamm, and Hoskins Blood Houses, the first being saKhan Hoskins herself.
- 9th Strike Cluster
- 19th Battle Cluster
- 34th Strike Cluster
- 67th Assault Cluster
- 44th Reserve Battle Cluster
- 397th Solahma Battle Cluster
- Grey Ridge Mountains
- Mist Lynx Training Facility
- Picuris 'Mech Production Complex
- Unnamed Sabutai production complex
- Three additional industrial centers taken by Clan Coyote from the enclave of Clan Ice Hellion.
- Beta Industriplex
|Closest 20 systems (6 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Grant's Station||44.7||Strato Domingo||53.6||Vinton||63.6||York||71.6|
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 235
- Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 135
- Invading Clans, pp. 50–51: "The Londerholm Revolt"
- Exodus Road, ch. 1
- Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials, p. 38
- Clan Homeworlds 3052 Poster (Kickstarter)
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 26
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 113, "Political Balance Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 39, "Clan Political Balance Table"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 228: "Political Balance Table: 3067"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 106-107: "The Viper Uncoils"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 248: "Political Balance Table, 3075"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 249: "Political Balance Table, 3085"
- Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials, p. 5
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 27
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 53, "The Coyote Prowls"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 109, "Communication Breakdown"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 107
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 161
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 162
- Exodus Road, pp. 9–14
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 50: "Delta Galaxy: Heart of the Coyote"