Long Tom Artillery Piece
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
|Long Tom Artillery Piece|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere/Clans|
|Year Availability||Pre-Spaceflight |
|Long Range||30 Maps|
|Ammo Per Ton||5|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||10,000|
|BV (2.0)|| Clan = 560 |
The Long Tom Artillery Piece is the largest conventional artillery piece designed by Armstrong Industries. It is the primary weapon of the LT-MOB-25 Mobile Long Tom Artillery vehicle, which is better known as the Mobile Long Tom.
The Long Tom is the largest Artillery piece that can be mounted on a vehicle, taking up 30 critical slots. It also has the longest range of any non Cruise Missile type weapon. It deals the highest damage of conventional tube artillery, at 30 damage with direct impact using conventional ammunition.
The Long Tom artillery's ammunition options include Smoke, Anti-Personnel, Illumination, Copperhead, Flechette, Thunder/FASCAM, Cluster, and High Explosive Rounds (High Explosive rounds considered the "Standard" rounds for tube artilery).
The Long Tom can also fire Davy Crockett-M tactical nuclear devices but these are significantly heavier than normal non nuclear rounds (represented in game rules by being one shot per ton unlike normal rounds) but other than their nuclear weapon effects behave like normal rounds.
The Artillery Piece is manufactured on the following planets:
|Long Tom Rifle||Bainsville||Armstrong Industries||???|||
- Tactical Operations, p. 405, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 404, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 385, "Clan Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- Tactical Operations, p. 383, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- Technical Readout: 2750, p. 102 "Chaparral"
- DropShips and JumpShips p. 50