Lopez nearby systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-37.757 : -330.395[e]|
|Recharge time||203 hours|
|Recharge station(s)||Zenith, Nadir|
- 1 System Description
- 2 Political Affiliation
- 3 Lopez I
- 4 Map Gallery
- 5 Nearby Systems
- 6 References
- 7 Bibliography
- 2366 - No record
- 2401 - Capellan Confederation
- 2404 - Free Worlds League
- 2571 - No record
- 2596 - No record
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation
- 2822 - Free Worlds League
- 2864 - Free Worlds League
- 3025 - Free Worlds League
- 3030 - Free Worlds League
- 3040 - Free Worlds League
- 3052 - Free Worlds League
- 3057 - Free Worlds League
- 3058 - Free Worlds League
- 3062 - Free Worlds League
- 3067 - Free Worlds League
- 3079 - Duchy of Andurien
- 3081 - Duchy of Andurien (dead or dying world)
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Tainted)|
|Equatorial temperature||50°C (Arid)|
|Highest native life||Reptile|
|History and Culture|
|Government and Infrastructure|
|Political Leader||Secretary General|
|HPG Representative||Precentor Debbie Loo-Yee (3025)|
Age of War
Lopez was one of the worlds contested between the Capellan Confederation and the Free Worlds League in the First Andurien War; occupied by the Capellans prior to the battle at Kwamashu in 2401, Lopez was abandoned by the Capellan forces when Captain-General Peter Marik launched a deep strike at the heart of the Confederation, intent on sacking Sian, Cordiagr, and Capella. In 2404, Chancellor Aleisha Liao negotiated a treaty with Peter Marik that saw the Andurien worlds returned to the Free Worlds League for a ten-year period followed by a formal vote by the populace on which state to join thereafter.
The Star League Defense Force maintained a small base in the Foghorn Highlands, possibly acting as a training depot. Before departing the Inner Sphere the SLDF buried the entrance under tons of dirt which they also mined. As no major SLDF commands were stationed on Lopez this was likely either an unmanned supply depot or part of the planetary garrison under Reserve Command.
In 2853, excavation of the above SLDF depot determined it still contained at least two companies of BattleMechs, two companies of vehicles, and storage containers of unknown contents. The excavation project was infiltrated by three ROM agents posing as manual labor, led by an agent known only as "Fleeting Mirage." This team contacted Precentor ROM on 12 August suggesting news of this find be leaked to the Capellan Confederation, and during the confusion of the inevitable raid the team would detonate the depot. Within three weeks of this communication an unknown battalion sized force of assault BattleMechs assaulted the world, destroying all known records of the excavation and leaving no survivors at the site. Despite the Eleventh Atrean Dragoons being stationed on Lopez at this time the attackers either avoided or brushed aside that medium-weight regiment operating at nearly a third strength. No known communications occurred between Precentor ROM and the Capellans in this period of time but it should be noted Lopez is only a handful of jumps from one of ComStar's Hidden Worlds of Sharpe/Obeedah.
Lopez was rendered uninhabitable in October 3080, following orbital bombardment by fourteen high-speed meteors on 12 October 3080. The meteors were delivered by manmade means, and the attack was widely considered to be the work of the Word of Blake vessel WoBS Erinyes, a ship believed to be responsible for asteroid strikes on various worlds during the course of the Jihad.
Six weeks before the first of the asteroids struck Lopez, the nadir point jump monitoring station received a radio report from a prospector DropShip, the Ice Princess, reporting that a large K-F signature had been detected by the DropShip; the signature fell outside the ecliptical plane of the Lopez system.
The first asteroid struck Lopez at 1:32 a.m., Terran Standard Time, on 12 October 3080. Thirteen more asteroids followed the first in quick succession, and by midnight the entire planet had been laid waste; of the 2.6 billion people who lived on Lopez, the only survivors were a scattering of people left in what had been wilderness areas and those who managed to escape from Lopez on spacecraft.
A number of the spacecraft which managed to escape from Lopez during the bombardment conducted orbital scans, and those scans showed no trace of drive plumes pushing the asteroids, indicating that the method of bombardment was not the same as that which had struck Taurus several years before. In November 3080, the path taken by the asteroids as they approached Lopez was being backtracked by investigators; these investigators discovered remains of the Ice Princess DropShip lying along the same course as that taken by the asteroids. The Ice Princess had been destroyed by capital ship weapons, but the various sensor logs aboard the ship were intact and were recovered by the investigators. When examined, the logs showed that the K-F signal detected jumping into the system was a WarShip with a mass of at least one million tons, and also showed that the Ice Princess had been destroyed thirty seconds after the WarShip jumped in.
The destruction of Lopez, combined with the logs recovered from the Ice Princess, are major contributing factors in the increasingly widespread acceptance of the rumor that the Word of Blake possessed a WarShip capable of killing a planet—believed to be the WoBS Erinyes.
- Fifth Free Worlds Legionnaires
- Fifth Free Worlds Legionnaires
- Free Worlds Defense Industries - new production development installation (2611)
- Magna Metals Inc
- The BranthKeepers
|Closest 52 systems (49 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 155: "Lopez" planet profile
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 67: "Lopez"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 15: "Andurien Crisis"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11
- First Succession War, pp. 24–25
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31
- First Succession War, pp. 112–113
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 159: "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 17
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63
- Rolling Thunder, p. 4: "1st Regulan Hussars early history" - Formation
- ComStar, p. 30: "The Lopez Incident"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 18
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 20
- The Second Succession War, p. 98
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 61: "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 22: "What of Lopez?"
- First Succession War, p. 138: "First Succession War Deployment Table - FWLM"
- Objective Raids, p. 37: "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 110: "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 126: "Free Worlds Defense Industries"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 133: "Magna Metals brief corporate overview"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 148: "Creatures"
- Era Report: 2750
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: FWLM
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: House Marik
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Objective Raids