- Community Outreach - Pajama Boy Talks About Making Fan-Made MechAssault Game, Wolves
- MechWarrior 5 Mod Editor Has Been Released
- Community Outreach - CJF Dolgfer Roshak And Lego BattleTech
- Fan-Made MechAssault Game, Wolves, Releases Demo
- All I Want For Christmas Is My Whitworth In MechWarrior 5
- Read more →
Lopez nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-37.757 : -330.395[e]|
|Recharge time||203 hours|
|Recharge station(s)||Zenith, Nadir|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Tainted)|
|Equatorial temperature||50°C (Arid)|
|Highest native life||Reptile|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3067|
|Ruler|| Secretary General Abraham Q. Wiesenthal (3025)|
Secretary General Charles Cunin (3067)
|Population|| 2,260,000,000 (3025)|
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Debbie Loo-Yee (3025))|
- 2366 - No record 
- 2401 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2404 - Free Worlds League 
- 2571 - No record 
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Free Worlds League 
- 2864 - Free Worlds League 
- 3025 - Free Worlds League 
- 3030 - Free Worlds League 
- 3040 - Free Worlds League 
- 3052 - Free Worlds League 
- 3057 - Free Worlds League 
- 3058 - Free Worlds League 
- 3062 - Free Worlds League 
- 3067 - Free Worlds League 
- 3079 - Duchy of Andurien 
- 3081 - Duchy of Andurien (dead or dying world)
- 3130 - No record 
Age of War
Lopez was one of the worlds contested between the Capellan Confederation and the Free Worlds League in the First Andurien War; occupied by the Capellans prior to the battle at Kwamashu in 2401, Lopez was abandoned by the Capellan forces when Captain-General Peter Marik launched a deep strike at the heart of the Confederation, intent on sacking Sian, Cordiagr and Capella. In 2404 Chancellor Aleisha Liao negotiated a treaty with Peter Marik that saw the Andurien worlds returned to the Free Worlds League for a ten-year period followed by a formal vote by the populace on which state to join thereafter.
Lopez was rendered uninhabitable in October 3080, following orbital bombardment by 14 high-speed meteors on the 12th of October 3080. The meteors were delivered by manmade means, and the attack was widely considered to be the work of the Word of Blake vessel WoBS Erinyes, a ship believed to be responsible for a number of asteroid strikes on various worlds during the course of the Jihad.
Six weeks before the first of the asteroids struck Lopez, the nadir point jump monitoring station received a radio report from a prospector DropShip, the Ice Princess, reporting that a large K-F signature had been detected by the DropShip; the signature fell outside the elliptical plane of the Lopez system.
The first asteroid struck Lopez at 1.32am, Terran Standard Time, on the 12th of October 3080. Thirteen more asteroids followed the first in quick succession, and by midnight the entire planet had been laid waste; of the 2.6 billion people who lived on Lopez, the only survivors were a scattering of people left in what had been wilderness areas and those who managed to escape from Lopez on spacecraft.
A number of the spacecraft which managed to escape from Lopez during the bombardment conducted orbital scans, and those scans showed no trace of drive plumes pushing the asteroids, indicating that the method of bombardment was not the same as that which had struck Taurus several years before. In November 3080 the path taken by the asteroids as they approached Lopez was being backtracked by investigators; these investigators discovered remains of the Ice Princess DropShip lying along the same course as that taken by the asteroids. The Ice Princess had been destroyed by capital ship weapons, but the various sensor logs aboard the ship were intact and were recovered by the investigators. When examined, the logs showed that the K-F signal detected jumping into the system was a WarShip with a mass of at least one million tonnes, and also showed that the Ice Princess had been destroyed thirty seconds after the WarShip jumped in.
The destruction of Lopez, combined with the logs recovered from the Ice Princess, are major contributing factors in the increasingly widespread acceptance of the rumour that the Word of Blake possessed a WarShip capable of killing a planet - believed to be the WoBS Erinyes.
- Fifth Free Worlds Legionnaires
- Fifth Free Worlds Legionnaires
- Andurien AeroTech - Free Worlds Defense Industries
- Magna Metals Inc
| Closest 52 systems (49 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 155, "Lopez Planet Profile"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 67 "Lopez"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Foundation "
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 15, "Andurien Crisis"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 159, "Fre Worlds League Deployment Table"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 17, "Free Worlds League Deployment Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere - March 3081"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 61, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 22, "What Of Lopez?"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 138, "First Succession War Deployment Table - FWLM"
- Objective Raids, p. 37, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 110, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 148, "Lesser Branth"
- Era Report: 2750
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: FWLM
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: House Marik
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Objective Raids