Loric nearby systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-230.35 : -38.822[e]|
|Recharge time||199 hours|
- 1 Political Affiliation
- 2 Loric II
- 2.1 Planetary History
- 2.2 Military Deployment
- 2.3 Planetary Locations
- 3 Map Gallery
- 4 Nearby Systems
- 5 References
- 6 Bibliography
- 2271 - No record
- 2341 - Inhabited world
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2764 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance
- 3062 - Lyran Alliance
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance
- 3068 - Free Worlds League (from September)
- 3075 - Free Worlds League
- 3079 - Lyran Alliance
- 3081 - Lyran Alliance
- 3085 - Lyran Alliance
- 3135 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3145 - Wolf Empire
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||47°C (Tropical)|
|Highest native life||Birds|
|Ruler||Duke of Loric|
Loric is a pleasant agricultural world. Covered in forests with deep rivers flowing through them, picturesque mountain ranges, and pleasant shorelines, Loric would be a paradise if it wasn't located in the center of the Lyran/Free Worlds League border. Unfortunately its location makes it a strategic point for attacks, whether launched by the Commonwealth or the League. Since the Age of War Loric has been used as either a springboard for Lyran raids or an entry point into the Commonwealth by League forces. The world's only respite came during the time of the Star League.
Age of War
In 2459, Free Worlds League Captain-General Geralk Marik invaded the Loric system, held by the Lyran Commonwealth. His invasion had already conquered Bella I and Alula Australis, and there was little reason to suspect that Loric would put up much resistance. Geralk, referred to as "the Bloodthirsty" for his flouting of the Ares Conventions, led the assault personally. He did not account for something he had never before seen: Lyran BattleMechs. A company of 'Mechs destroyed Geralk's conventional regiment and overran his command post. Geralk was killed when a Lyran 'Mech stepped on him. The League troops quit Loric three days later.
Star League Era
The presence of the Thirty-sixth Lyran Guards on Loric in 2765 was considered to be a subject of some interest by the SLIC as the majority of the other units in the Fourth Lyran Guards Division were guarding worlds home to significant defense manufacturing companies or complexes, whereas Loric was a system that possessed no heavy industry.
First Succession War
Loric was one of a number of Lyran Commonwealth border worlds to be struck by a devastating cross-border raids by the Free Worlds League between 2786 and 2790, as the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces began to crack under the pressure of continuing efforts to annex the Bolan Thumb while also attempting to maintain a defensive posture against both the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery and the Free Worlds League Military.
Third Succession War
In 2901 the Sixth Marik Militia led an assault on Loric, supported by a large contingent of DropShips and aerospace fighters, and succeeded in crippling the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces units stationed on the world in what would become known as one of the most successful actions to be conducted by a Marik Militia regiment. Loric was struck again by the Free Worlds League in 2913, when three regiments of the Marik Militia landed on the planet; the Militia was supported by a large contingent of aerospace fighters and DropShips and inflicted heavy damage on the defending LCAF forces, only retreating when reinforcements from the Donegal Guards arrived. The attack was perhaps the most successful strike made against the Lyran Commonwealth during the reign of Captain-General Elisabeth Marik.
In 2978 Loric was the subject of another significant battle between Lyran and Free Worlds League forces; two mercenary units in Lyran employ, the Twelfth Star Guards and the Eridani Light Horse, found themselves in the middle of the battle, with the Eridani Light Horse in urgent need of relief.
The Twelfth Star Guards had managed to break through the main Marik lines at Digger Pass with the assistance of the Third Battalion of the Thirty-fourth Provisional Dixie Armored Regiment after four months of combat, but stalled at an ad hoc defensive formation of assorted League units along the Duren River, with the Marik forces keeping the Eridani Light Horse cut off from reinforcements. The Twelfth Star Guards tried using the Condor tanks of the Thirty-fourth to breach the defensive line, the Thirty-fourth having been at the forefront of the breakthrough, without success.
The forces from the Thirty-fourth managed to destroy some of the disorganized Marik forces despite being unable to reach the Eridani Light Horse, and the commander of the Third Battalion decided to hold the bridgehead his tanks had established to give the 12th Star Guards a chance to try and break through using their engineering company and their Engineering Vehicles to cut through the river banks and prepare the river bed for 'Mech movement, after attempts to build pontoon bridges failed due to heavy artillery bombardment and attacks from Marik aerospace fighters. While the Twelfth Star Guards did manage to ford the river and relieve the Light Horse, the action cost them most of their engineering cadre and three out of their four engineering vehicles. The Third Battalion had managed to buy the Twelfth Star Guards valuable time by using the mobility of their Condors to concentrate highly mobile attacks on the Marik ground forces that attempted to attack the Star Guards' engineer forces directly.
In 3014 Loric was raided by forces from Wolf's Dragoons. The Dragoons were intent on a supply raid, and found themselves facing the mercenary unit Snord's Irregulars. The Irregulars not only successfully defeated the Dragoons, but also captured several Dragoon 'Mechs and three Dragoon MechWarriors. The Irregulars generously returned the three captive MechWarriors to the Dragoons, and earned a considerable degree of respect for victory over such a famed mercenary command, earning the Irregulars a reputation for being more than a collection of oddball treasure hunters. What didn't become public knowledge was that the battle had actually been staged, with the encounter conducted in a Clanlike fashion involving ritualized fights that caused light damage to opponents.
Fourth Succession War
In October 3028 the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces repositioned a number of frontline units as the Free Worlds League Military launched Operation DAGGER. One of the units repositioned was the Stealthy Tigers mercenary unit, who were relocated from Loric to Giausar; the LCAF strategic intent wasn't to prevent a League invasion, but rather to make invading forces pay more dearly for any gains and slow the progress of any breakthrough.
Following the invasion of the Free Worlds League by the Skye and Bolan Provinces of the Lyran Alliance in what was termed Operation ÜBERSCHATTEN, Marshall Jeremy Brett took command of the local FWLM and launched a counteroffensive, under the name Operation BROKEN FIST. BROKEN FIST went beyond simply attempting to recapture worlds that the Lyrans had seized, striking into Lyran space at numerous worlds. Loric was one of the worlds hit and was attacked by the League forces on the 2nd of September 3068.
The Second Free Worlds Guards emerged triumphant over the Seventh Donegal Guards after eight days of savage fighting that saw the massive Ghanadi Nature Preserve almost completely destroyed. After the FWL victory, the remnants of the Seventh Donegal surrendered and were incarcerated in a makeshift POW camp until Tharkad and the LAAF High Command could be contacted.
- Thirty-sixth Lyran Guards
- Thirty-sixth Lyran Guards
- Thirty-sixth Lyran Guards
- Thirty-fourth Provisional Dixie Armored Regiment
- Twelfth Star Guards
- Eridani Light Horse
- Seventh Lyran Regulars
- Seventh Lyran Regulars
- Seventh Lyran Regulars
- 167th Division
- - At this point in time the Eighth operating at 80% of full strength, with 80% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
|Closest 36 systems (35 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 79: "Loric Planet Profile"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 13: "Marik Commonwealth world within the Free Worlds League before  and after at their founding in "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13: "Lyran Commonwealth at their founding in "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25: "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158: "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36: "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10: "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- First Succession War, pp. 24–25: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36: "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 34: "Free Worlds League after First Succession War  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122–123: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War, pp. 112–113: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40: "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 38: "Free Worlds League after Second Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47: "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 42: "Free Worlds League after Third Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56: "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 51: "Free Worlds League after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59: "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132: "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 10: "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61: "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23: "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 10: "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 28: "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70: "Lyran Commonwealth after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, pp. 42–43: "Inner Sphere - October 3067"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 45: "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64: "Inner Sphere  Map"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 19: "Lyran Alliance Deployment Table "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63: "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii: "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 9: "Inner Sphere - 3135"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 38: "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI: "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Handbook: House Marik, pp. 19 & 21: "Paradigm Shift"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 20
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 13: "Lyran Guards"
- First Succession War, p. 62: "The War of Raids: House Steiner's Succession War"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 90: "Marik Militia"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 39: "The Great Compromiser"
- Technical Readout: 3026, Revised Edition, p. 44: "Engineering Vehicle"
- Technical Readout: 3026, Revised Edition, p. 52: "Condor Heavy Hover Tank"
- Cranston Snord's Irregulars, p. 4
- Rhonda's Irregulars, p. 7
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 63: "Overview"
- Steiner Lines "Broken" Says Brett Aide
- Empire Alone, p. 97
- First Succession War, p. 139: "First Succession War Deployment Table - LCAF"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 117: "Unit Deployment Table"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 44: "Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 45: "Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG"
- Rolling Thunder, p. 42: "Alas, Poor Loric"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 137: "Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 27: "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 71: "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 20: "FedCom Deployment Table"
- ComStar, p. 85: "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Shattered Sphere, p. 51: "Lyran Alliance Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 126: "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 13: "Lyran Regulars Regimental Status"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 107: "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 171: "Clan Force Deployments - Wolf Empire"
- 20 Year Update
- BattleCorps Solaris Broadcasting Co., 12/09/3068: "Steiner Lines 'Broken' Says Brett Aide"
- Cranston Snord's Irregulars
- Empire Alone
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: ComStar
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: LAAF
- Field Report 2765: LCAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- Objective Raids
- Rhonda's Irregulars
- Shattered Sphere
- Technical Readout: 3026, Revised Edition