Luthien Armor Works - OmniMech Production Facility
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Luthien Armor Works - OmniMech Production Facility|
Tasked by the DCMS with reverse-engineering the technological advantage of the Clan invaders' fearsome OmniMechs, Luthien Armor Works (LAW) eventually succeeded and constructed the top-secret Luthien Armor Works - OmniMech Production Facility to produce their designs.
The DCMS's victory on Wolcott provided the Draconis Combine with pristine examples of the Clans' advanced military technology, and as the premier BattleMech manufacturer in the Combine and with its location on the capital world of Luthien, Luthien Armor Works was the obvious choice to reverse-engineer the advanced technology for the Dragon. While unable to match the material advances of the invader's hardware, LAW quickly realized the Omni-Pod technology was within their reach. The later Clan assault on Luthien turned out to be a mixed blessing: while Clan forces succeeded in damaging the existing LAW facilities and crippling production, they left behind a treasure trove of OmniMechs to study and help kick-start the development and production of further Inner Sphere designs. Using extensive funding from the government, LAW rebuilt and expanded their existing facilities, while constructing a top secret facility for the development and construction of OmniMechs.
While a number of LAW's OmniMech designs have been sub-licensed to other manufacturers, the LAW OmniMech wing had both the highest output of all Combine-derived OmniMech production. Like most LAW facilities, the original OmniMech wing was destroyed during the Jihad.
Located mere kilometers from the center of Imperial City, the LAW OmniMech Production Facility is centrally located on Guthry Island, a man-made island on the Unity Plateau. Part of the greater industriplex that comprises the company's headquarters and LAW City, the facility has both surface and sub-surface structures that are largely responsible for the system's overall economic output and employment of millions.
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, p. 5, "Luthien" - location on Luthien
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 24, "says this facility was totally destroyed".
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, p. 5, "Luthien"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 120, "Produced Raptor OmniMech Components"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 124, "Produced Owens OmniMech Components"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 126, "Produced Strider OmniMech Components"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 128, "Produced Firestarter OmniMech Components"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 130, "Produced Blackjack OmniMech Components"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 140, "Produced Black Hawk-KU OmniMech Components"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 144, "Produced Avatar OmniMech Components"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 154, "Produced Sunder OmniMech Components"