Lyran Commonwealth Military Region
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
The Lyran Commonwealth Military Region was created by General Shandra Noruff-Cameron, the first Commanding General of the SLDF, to organize all SLDF forces that were located in the Lyran Commonwealth. It corresponded to the borders of the Lyran Commonwealth. The LCMR was then divided into three districts. District 1 was bordered by the Terran Hegemony and the 250 light year circle. The systems between the 250 light year circle and 500 light year circle were split evenly into Military Districts 2 and 3. Each military district was assigned its own Army, and these three Armies were organized as a part of Army Group Steiner, with their overall headquarters located on Zollikofen. The General in command of Army Group Steiner also represented the SLDF in Lyran political matters. All SLDF naval assets in the Lyran Commonwealth Military Region were overseen by a Vice Admiral.
In 2764 the Eleventh Army was assigned to District 1, with the Twelfth and Thirteenth Army assigned to Districts 2 and 3, respectively. This gave Army Group Steiner a total strength equivalent to 66 divisions. The Twelfth and Thirteenth would take part in the New Vandenberg Uprising, and the entire Army Group fought in the Hegemony Campaign during the Amaris Civil War.
- The Star League, p. 41
- The Star League, p. 139
- The Star League, p. 133, Army
- The Star League, p. 133, Army Group
- The Star League, p. 112
- The Star League, p. 144