- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|MIT 23 MASH Vehicle|
|Engine||Hermes 80 Fusion|
|Communications System||Angst WideCom|
|Targeting Tracking System||None|
|BV (2.0)|| 172|
The MIT 23 MASH Vehicle is ComStar's attempt to staunch its loss of veteran troops. Though technically a combat vehicle, the MIT 23 has no armament. Similarly, there are no “trick” versions of it that would seek to ambush enemies by surprising them with disguised weaponry on the MASH truck. ComStar's fervent hope is that enemies (especially the Word of Blake) would respect the medical vehicle that is no immediate threat. The purpose behind the MIT 23 is to get aid to the battlefield as quickly as possible. Because of this, MASH units often operate in extreme conditions and under fire.
The top speed of the MIT 23 is 86 km/h, more than enough to keep up with the infantry units it was designed to serve. Unsurprisingly, the morale of ComStar infantry has risen dramatically in units with a MASH. Three and a half tons of armor protects the MIT 23 from errant weapons fire, though it will do little to stop a determined attacker.
The primary feature of the MIT 23 is its seven MASH theaters. They are readily reconfigured, and ComStar hopes to be able to utilize them in peacetime for more traditional medical needs, but the majority of them were used as trauma centers during the Jihad. The surgical area features a gyro-stabilizer to keep it steady even in the worst environments. Perhaps the most innovative idea is the use of a fully-automated, common storage area that saves space and reduces waste by keeping all supplies in one, easily-accessible area.
- MUL online date for the MIT 23
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 44-45, "MIT 23 Vehicle Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3075, p. 39
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 86
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 9
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 44