- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Medium-Range Missile (MRM) 30|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Ammo Per Ton||8|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||5,000|
The Medium-Range Missile Launcher was designed by scientists at Luthien Armor Works. MRMs are dead-fire missiles that are fired more like lasers than missiles. In order to pack as many missiles as possible into one salvo, scientists removed guidance systems and made the whole package smaller. Though this was seen as a step backwards in technological development, the inexpensive and deadly MRMs have spread throughout the Draconis Combine and to many mercenary units.
The lack of a guidance system and unique nature of MRMs means that they are incompatible with special munitions and advanced guidance systems, though they can be prepared as a single-shot system. The inherent inaccuracy of MRMs is reflected in game terms with a +1 to hit.
The MRM-30 was designed to be easily swapped in for an LRM-20.
MRM-30 is manufactured on the following planets:
|Shigunga||Luthien||Luthien Armor Works|