- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Type||Ballistic (Direct Fire)|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere Advanced|
|Year Availability||3072 (FS)|
|Ammo Per Ton||50|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||1,000|
|BV (2.0)|| 15 |
A 'Mech-sized version of the Magshot Gauss Rifle introduced on the Infiltrator Mk. II battle armor, the Magshot was tested on several Solaris arena 'Mechs before being accepted by the AFFS in 3072. The delay in the approval of the Magshot was due to a court case between Johnston Industries and Federated-Barrett. Federated-Barrett believed that a general in the AFFS' Department of the Quartermaster had leaked the plans for their Magshot Gauss Rifle to Johnston in exchange for employment after retirement and other "considerations." These plans, and Johnston's hiring of the design team away from Federated-Barrett, resulted in a five year industrial espionage trial. Between the start of this trial in 3061 and its conclusion in 3066, Johnston was limited to selling the weapon to private concerns (like the Solaris stables), and the Department of the Quartermaster couldn't accept the weapon into service.
Like its larger cousin, if the Magshot is hit by enemy fire its capacitors will explode and damage the unit carrying it. Fortunately the smaller size and power storage capacity of the Magshot makes this explosion less damaging than the full sized Gauss Rifle.
The Magshot is manufactured on the following planets:
|Poland Main Model C Magshot||New Syrtis||Johnston Industries||???|||
- Tactical Operations, p. 314, "Magshot Gauss Rifle"
- Tactical Operations, p. 408, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 406, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Mappack: Solaris VII p. 64, "Level 3 Equipment"
- Tactical Operations, p. 382, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 171, "Just Business"