- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Primary Site(s)|| Errai|
|Primary Products|| BattleMechs|
Maltex Corporation produced some of the Star League's most effective BattleMechs. The Wyvern and Thug were both popular with pilots. Maltex also designed and introduced the Assassin class medium 'Mech but sold the design to Hellespont Mech Works. In 2685 Maltex responded to the problem of too many unit commanders piloting Wyverns being lost in close assaults or close combat in urban environments by developing the WVN-5UX Wyvern City variant. Four prototypes were manufactured and supplied to the Star League Defense Force for testing; the SLDF tests and simulations showed that the new variant led to much more effective command decisions at battalion-level, but a much more aggressive push for combat at company commander level, rendering it unsuitable for use below battalion level. The testing conducted by Maltex and the SLDF highlighted that the noticeable difference in appearance between the Wyvern City and standard Wyvern allowed commanders to be identified and targeted by enemy forces, increasing the risk to these valuable officers. The SLDF was unwilling to accept the tradeoff, and production was discontinued; the four prototypes that had been produced were scrapped in 2687.
In 2835 Maltex main production line was destroyed. This left them in possession of several plans and documents but no way to produce them. To take advantage of this, Maltex partnered with several other manufacturers to produce their designs, including Hellespont and Earthwerks Incorporated
The ISF used Maltex's status as a design house to confuse MIIO and DMI investigators about the Hatamoto-chi. By claiming that the design was a product of "Maltex Corporation", the ISF was able to focus attention away from the actual production lines. This initially led the intelligence agencies to believe that the Maltex Corporation had introduced a new factory on Nirasaki. This information was later discovered to be an error but by then Hatamoto-Chi production was in full swing. Having seized Errai during the Fourth Succession War, an AgroMech plant located on the continent of Carrigan was reopened and upgraded by Combine engineers and entrepreneurs, and was credited with debuting the new Hatamoto-Chi design. The Maltex plant on Errai continued producing IndustrialMechs and BattleMechs well into the Dark Age.
Maltex Corporation has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
|Components produced on Errai:|
|ASN-21 Assassin||Medium BattleMech|
|WVE-5N Wyvern||Medium BattleMech|
|WVE-5UX Wyvern City||Medium BattleMech|
|THG-11E Thug||Assault BattleMech|
|THG-11ECX Thug Jose||Assault BattleMech|
|Earthwerks VOL Endo Steel||Thug|
|Ost Endo Steel||Wyvern|
|Lox Lift Series 1||Assassin|
|Armor - BattleMechs & Vehicles|
|Kilosh 100 w/CASE||Wyvern|
|Mitchell Argon w/CASE||Thug|
|Garret T15 B||Assassin|
|N/A||Mech Mortar/1 |
|N/A||Mech Mortar/8 |
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 52, "Errai World Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 34
- Experimental Technical Readout: Gunslingers, p. 4, "WVN-5UX Wyvern City"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 216
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 88
- Objective Raids, p. 104, "Maltex Corporation"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 216, "Produced Thug Components on Errai"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 196, "Produced Wyvern Components on Errai"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Gunslingers, p. 4, "WVE-5UX Wyvern City"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Gunslingers, p. 7, "THG-11ECX Thug"
- Technical Readout: 3039, p.116
- Tactical Handbook, p. 55
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 2, p. 13, "HTM-27W2 Hatamoto-Ku"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 136, "Produced Hatamoto-Kaeru Components"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Kurita, p. 6, "Produced Experimental Hatamoto-Kaeru variant"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 46, "Produced Hatamoto-Suna Components"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Experimental Technical Readout: Gunslingers
- Experimental Technical Readout: Kurita
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 2
- Objective Raids
- Tactical Handbook
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine
- Technical Readout: Prototypes
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine