Man-Portable Plasma Rifle (Battle Armor)
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
- This article is about the Battle Armor weapon. For the infantry support weapon, see Man-Portable Plasma Rifle (Support Weapon).
|Man-Portable Plasma Rifle|
|Year Availability||3065 (CC)|
|Mass Per Reload||1.5kg (20)|
|Ammo BV (2.0)||2|
The Man-Portable Plasma Rifle (M-PPR) was originally created by Ceres Arms as a portable anti-Battle Armor weapon for infantry of the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces. A hybrid ballistic/energy weapon, the weapon works by using a lasing process to convert plastic-foam cartridges into white-hot plasma then launching them through a ceramic-lined rifle tube towards the enemy where, upon impact, they splash across the target and cause damage through incendiary effects. The high energy and velocity of the plasma bolts allow them to burn through armor with almost the same effectiveness as a Small Laser.
While originally designed as an infantry support weapon, with the addition of proper adapters and a special cooling jacket the M-PPR has since been adapted as a battle suit weapon, though these modifications increase the weapon's size and bulk. Battle armor M-PPRs first debut with the introduction of the Capellan version of the Trinity suits, and they have since gone on to inspire 'Mech-grade weapons including the Plasma Rifle and Plasma Cannon.
- TechManual, p. 301
- TechManual, p. 317
- Combat Equipment, p. 16
- TechManual, p. 267