Mandrake Hold-Out Gauss Pistol
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
First introduced in 3052, the Mandrake Hold-Out Gauss Pistol is an easily concealed, single-shot hold-out Gauss Pistol developed for agents of the Capellan Confederation's intelligence service, the Maskirovka. Its carbon-ceramic casing prevents the weapon from being picked up by metal detectors, while the use of a stored charge rather than chemical propellants to fire the bullet conceals the weapon from chemical or spectrographic detection. The weapon cannot be reloaded or recharged once fired, resulting in the Mandrake being discarded after use.
- LosTech: The MechWarrior Equipment Guide, pp. 31-32, "Mandrake Hold-Out Gauss Pisto"
- A Time of War, p. 268, "Gauss Weapons - Table"