Mandrake Hold-Out Gauss Pistol
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
First introduced in 3052, the Mandrake Hold-Out Gauss Pistol is an easily concealed, single-shot hold-out Gauss Pistol developed for agents of the Capellan Confederation's intelligence service, the Maskirovka. Its carbon-ceramic casing prevents the weapon from being picked up by metal detectors, while the use of a stored charge rather than chemical propellants to fire the bullet conceals the weapon from chemical or spectrographic detection. The weapon cannot be reloaded or recharged once fired, resulting in the Mandrake being discarded after use.
- LosTech: The MechWarrior Equipment Guide, pp. 31-32, "Mandrake Hold-Out Gauss Pisto"
- A Time of War, p. 268, "Gauss Weapons - Table"