Manufacturing Site 3
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Manufacturing Site 3|
|Primary Site(s)||New Oslo|
|Primary Products|| BattleMechs|
Manufacturing Site 3 is a Clan manufacturing facility center located on the world of New Oslo.
Manufacturing Site 3 is a make-shift manufacturing center built by Clan Wolf. The factory complex was built on the gutted ruins of the old Gorton, Kingsley, and Thorpe Enterprises. During the Clan Invasion, the Free Rasalhague Republic had taken apart the factory and moved it to Satalice. The factory was noted for its giant Solar Furnace.
Clan Wolf constructed Site 3 for production of Second-Line Light and Medium BattleMechs, and remained so until the Jihad. During the Jihad, Clan Hell's Horses invaded Clan Wolf's Occupation Zone in 3071. The invasion was part of their relocation to the Inner Sphere. SaKhan Tanya DeLaurel devoted two Galaxies worth of troops to liberate New Olso for their own.
Site 3 was expanded by 3077, where it could produce Balius Heavy OmniMech and other Heavy 'Mech designs in limited numbers. Also produced by the factory during this time was the fixed-weapons version of the Nova OmniMech, which was has been named the Black Hawk. This factory was the Horse's main BattleMech production facility in 3079. During the Jihad the factory lost 20% of its personnel, and in 3079 it was operating at 90% of its maximum output.
Manufacturing Site 3 has a manufacturing center on the following planet.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 142, "Manufacturing Site 3" - Facilities background info and what it was producing as of 3077.
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 9, "Manufacturing Site 3"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 7
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 148, "Parash" - 'Mech background includes being manufactured on New Oslo.
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 273, "Locust IIC 7" - 'Mech background includes being manufactured on New Oslo since 3076.
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix, "Locust IIC 5" - 'Mech background includes being manufactured on New Oslo by Clan Wolf since 3067.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 142, "Manufacturing Site 3" - Dark Age Black Hawk is noted being produced as of 3077.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 142, "Manufacturing Site 3" - Balius is noted being produced as of 3077.