Marauder (Battle Armor)
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
- This article is about the Battle Armor. For other uses, see Marauder (disambiguation).
|Manufacturer||Marian Arms Inc., Pinard Protectorates Limited|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Top Speed||11 km/h|
The Marauder battle armor was developed by the Marian Hegemony as a follow-up to their Ravager design. The Marauder is both lighter and more heavily armed than its predecessor. The exchange for the increased weaponry is the very low speed. To compensate for this, the Marauder is equipped with Magnetic Clamps which allow it to be carried by friendly units. The chassis is very open, allowing easy access to the armor systems. This makes it very popular with technical support crews. The Marauder only carries half as much armor as the Ravager.
The design has been licensed to Pinard Protectorates Limited in the Taurian Concordat. The Hegemony and Concordat sell the Marauder to mercenaries in their employ.
Weapons and Equipment
The Marauder's weaponry was apparently inspired by the Marauder BattleMech's armament. Each arm mounts a Support PPC and an Anti-Personnel Weapon Mount, while a Light Recoilless Rifle is mounted to the body. This armament is a battle-armor sized version of the twin PPCs and Autocannon/5 used by the MAD-3R. One improvement over the 'Mech is the inclusion of a Light TAG unit. With this equipment, the Marauder can provide guidance for Arrow IV missiles and Semi-Guided LRMs.
There are no variants of the Marauder known to exist at this time.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 7
- MUL online date for the Marauder (Battle Armor)
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 9
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 8